Student Support Coordinator
|Salary:||£18,000 to £20,000|
|Placed on:||10th November 2016|
|Closes:||9th December 2016|
About Arden University
Arden University is an independent higher education provider, which was established in 1990. We are proud to be able to offer students a broad range of degrees, masters and MBA programmes by online distance learning.
Arden University have approximately 6000 students in more than 150 countries are studying with Arden and over 90% of them combine work and study. Our interactive platforms enable students to access study materials flexibly and our tutors deliver this content in an engaging way through tutorials, online forums, live chats and formative feedback. In September 2016, we launched our ‘blended learning’ courses, which combine on-line learning with campus based lectures at our site in Ealing, London.
In July 2015 we were granted university title and we changed our name from RDI to Arden University, the first new specialist UK online university since the Open University launched in 1971.We now offer students Arden University undergraduate and postgraduate courses in a range of vocational and professional subject areas.
In August 2016, Arden University was purchased by Global University Systems (GUS), who have added us to their portfolio of 20 institutions and academic affiliates world-wide. We are proud to be working with GUS, and look forward to our future growth with them.
About the job
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Student Support Coordinator to join Arden’s Student Support department, which offers the first point of contact for students and is responsible for all aspects of support. This includes motivating student progression and retention and providing specialist support services.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities of the Student Support Coordinator include:
- Working as part of a team delivering proactive support, advice, information and guidance to students, building rapport and supporting them through their studies.
- Providing prompt and accurate operational and pastoral support and advice to students via telephone, email and/or other synchronous or asynchronous methods, signposting students to other sources of support, as necessary.
- Keeping accurate records using internal systems to handle student data in accordance with data protection policies and practice.
- Updating and monitoring ilearn, Arden University’s VLE, and ensuring maintenance is carried out in a timely manner.
- Fostering and promoting student progression and retention, undertaking regular proactive monitoring and reporting on student progress, undertaking proactive interventions to encourage students to progress, reminding them of key milestones/next steps.
It is essential that candidates are able to demonstrate:
- Enthusiasm and passion for delivering excellent customer service.
- Ability to communicate effectively and articulately, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise tasks effectively.
- A proactive attitude to task completion and problem resolution.
- Ability to work collaboratively to achieve common goals.
- Taking ownership for delivering excellence in their areas of responsibility
- IT literacy, e.g. solid grasp of common software packages including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
To apply or to receive further information about this exciting role, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Share this job
Type / Role:
Midlands of England