Sessional Lecturer - HMPYOI Swinfen Hall
Milton Keynes College
|Salary:||£23.06 per hour|
|Placed on:||11th November 2016|
|Closes:||8th December 2016|
This is an exciting opportunity for a dedicated Sessional Lecturer to deliver learner success, through effective teaching and delivery of a range of courses embedding English and Maths throughout. This vacancy would suit a highly motivated, innovative and flexible lecturer, with a can do approach to education. The ideal candidate will be passionate and creative, who can thrive working in a challenging yet rewarding environment. You will be able to offer a variety of courses embedding Maths and English knowledge to guide and assist them throughout all subject areas.
HMPYOI Swinfen Hall is a Category C Training prison housing both young offenders and young adults aged 18-25 years. The Education Department works closely with prison colleagues to deliver a range of functional skills and vocational training that help prepare learners for employment both upon release and within the prison setting. As a department we firmly believe in giving all learners the opportunity to gain new skills and knowledge to help them end their offending behaviour. We work with challenging learners and encourage them to deepen their own understanding, inspire them to achieve qualifications and develop their skill set.
As a successful candidate you will have:
- A relevant degree or equivalent qualification (preferably in Maths and English).
- A full teaching qualification (DTTLS, PGCE, Cert Ed).
- Assessor/Verifier Awards (desirable).
- Teaching experience in a Maths and English with relevant up-to-date knowledge.
- A proven track record of managing and supporting diverse groups of learners through nationally accredited programmes.
- Experience of identifying, developing and sharing innovative and creative teaching resources.
- Experience of working with students who may have little experience of education and training (desirable).
- Knowledge of current curriculum and accreditation developments within Further Education and English and Maths.
- The ability to teach creatively, adapting to the needs of a variety of learners and willing to explore new teaching and learning strategies.
- A good level of IT literacy and willing to develop further. Accuracy and precision in written presentation.
Location : HMPYOI Swinfen Hall
Hours : Determined locally by Manager
Share this job
Type / Role:
South East England