2017 Postgraduate Research Funding Opportunities
University College London - UCL School of Slavonic and East European Studies (SSEES)
|Funding for:||UK Students, EU Students, International Students|
|Funding amount:||Not specified|
|Placed on:||11th November 2016|
|Closes:||2nd January 2017|
UCL SSEES offers a range of studentships for 2017 entry. The School invites applications from outstanding candidates in all subject areas of humanities and social sciences, and strongly encourages interdisciplinary projects:
- Economics and Business – Including development economics, economic history, emerging economies, the political economy of the Eurozone, corporate finance, labour markets and innovation.
- History – Including early and modern Russian history; cultural history of Central Europe; Polish history; modern history of the Balkans; South-East European history; travel writing.
- Languages and Culture— Including Central and East European, Russian, Polish, South Slav, Czech, literature; comparative literature and culture; Russian cinema; modernism and the avant-garde; memory, trauma and identity.
- Politics and Sociology— Including East-European, Russian and Post-Soviet politics; democracy and political parties; migration, nationalism and ethnicity; foreign policy and international relations; religion; gender and sexuality; popular culture; informal governance.
Visit our website for further information on the full range of our research expertise and currently supervised research projects.
Funding opportunities for 2017:
- Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC) studentships, including CEELBAS CDT and LAHP
- Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) studentships
- UCL SSEES Foundation Scholarship
- Wolfson Postgraduate Scholarship in the Humanities
- Victor and Rita Swoboda Memorial Scholarship
- A range of UCL-wide scholarships and bursaries
Each funding opportunity has a separate deadline, however we advise candidates to apply by 2 January 2017 to allow enough time for processing and selection.
Share this PhD
Type / Role: