Cyber Security Developer (KTP Associate)
Manchester Metropolitan University
|Salary:||£25,000 to £32,000 pro rata|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||14th November 2016|
|Closes:||13th December 2016|
Average weekly working hours: 40.00
End date or duration: 32 Months
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Master’s degree or doctoral level candidate to develop broadly applicable and widely adopted cyber security solutions to protect evolving, cloud-based Internet of Things (IoT) ecosystems, and other data processing infrastructures, to significantly enhance sales to domestic and export markets. You will work full-time on a 32-month Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) between the Manchester Metropolitan University and Raa IT Solutions Ltd. Employed and supported by a team of academic experts from the university, you will be based at the company’s premises in Sale, Greater Manchester.
Raa IT is a UK-based information technology hardware and software provider. The company delivers a range of services from high-end enterprise solutions and network installation, to project management, consultancy, sales and asset disposal for companies in the UK and Africa.
Qualifications we require:
- You will hold a good honours degree (BSc) or higher degree in Computer Science or a related subject. A relevant Master’s or doctoral degree is also desirable.
- Experience in data and software security standards and protocols
- Knowledge of encryption and secure communications and networks
- Experience in computer networks, embedded systems or distributed computing (e.g., sensor networks, IoT, cloud computing)
- £2,000 per year to spend on personal training
- Attendance at two residential managerial workshops (each of one week’s duration)
- Opportunity to register on a higher degree (at a reduced or no cost)
- Opportunity of a permanent position with the company; 70% of host companies make a permanent job offer to their Associate at the end of the project.
- For additional information relating to the company visit https://www.raait.co.uk/
Share this job
Type / Role: