Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Graphic Design
Manchester Metropolitan University - Design
|Salary:||£33,943 to £46,924 Grade 8/9|
|Placed on:||14th November 2016|
|Closes:||13th December 2016|
Average weekly working hours: 37.00
The Design Department is an award-winning department with a long and established history. It is home to the most outstanding thinkers, doers, makers, designers, creatives, artists, creative leaders and educators.
The department values and fosters a highly integrative approach of research and enterprise combined with learning and teaching. We encourage the cross-pollination of ideas, processes and people. We always aim for the highest standards in what we do. Navigating our way through culture, we observe, think and act. We challenge the conventional and are always professional. We work in new exploratory creative ways and enhance the quality of our lives.
As Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Graphic Design you'll primarily;
- Teach on undergraduate and taught postgraduate programmes to develop effective independent learners.
- Lead and develop quality programmes that embed employability to ensure student success.
- Undertake research, knowledge exchange, and other scholarly activity to contribute to the development of new areas in Graphic Design (Design), delivering commercial enterprise activity where appropriate.
- Use a variety of creative learning and teaching methods/materials (e.g. web-based and blended learning); challenge ideas, foster debate and encourage students to develop skills in critical discourse and rational thinking.
- Be the designated Academic/Personal Tutor for a small group of students, maintaining an overview of their progress and providing advice and support on academic and pastoral issues, to ensure their success.
- Use initiative, creativity and judgment in the development of research proposals and/or enterprise bids to secure research funding and/or generate additional income for the University as appropriate
- Contribute to departmental strategic decision making; to encourage the achievement of goals by setting an example, working flexibly with colleagues in the Faculty and the University.
Applications are invited for a Senior Lecturer or Lecturer to contribute to the development and teaching on the undergraduate Graphic Design Programme, new Graphic Design related programmes and related programmes at postgraduate level.
* We would welcome applications from candidates from both Lecturer and Senior Lecturer level *
Share this job
Type / Role: