Health Economics and Outcomes Research Ltd
|Salary:||£25,000 to £40,000 (depending on experience)|
|Placed on:||15th November 2016|
|Closes:||15th December 2016|
Health Economics and Outcomes Research Ltd is a specialist consultancy undertaking health economic and statistical modelling for the pharmaceutical industry. HEOR's particular area of expertise is disease modelling and the multivariate analysis of large healthcare databases to support health technology assessment (HTA) and scientific research. Disease areas of specific relevance are oncology, diabetes and infectious disease.
HEOR is seeking to recruit a medical statistician to its new office in Birmingham. The successful candidate will have a postgraduate qualification in an applied quantitative discipline such as statistics, econometrics or epidemiology combined with previous experience within academia or industry.
The successful candidate must be familiar with the development, testing and validation of a wide variety of statistical approaches to modelling healthcare data (both real world and clinical trial data). For example, parametric and non-parametric multivariate survival analysis, multilevel regression modelling, multiple imputation to handle missing data. Analysis from both frequentist and Bayesian perspectives is also a pre-requisite. Experience with statistical data modelling in R, STATA and Winbugs would be a distinct advantage as would experience in techniques for evidence synthesis.
Routine activities would include the development of study protocols and statistical analysis plans; implementation of pre-defined and exploratory analyses; identification and development of statistical solutions to analysis problems; and communicating study results via reports and presentations. This position will require the writing of manuscripts for submission to peer-review journals and there is the opportunity for the presentation of research at international conferences.
Skills & Experience:
- Proven analytical, interpretative and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills and an ability to build credibility with clients
- Good commercial awareness/business judgement and an interest in the healthcare industry
- Excellent IT literacy
- Good project management, time management and organisational skills
- Attention to detail and ability to deliver high quality work to demanding timelines
- A self-starter who thrives in a client-focused environment and able to communicate complex ideas to non-experts
Qualifications & Other Requirements:
In addition to the skills and experience outlined above, the successful candidate will have:
- A good undergraduate degree with a strong quantitative track record in life sciences, mathematics/statistics/economics
- Postgraduate qualification in an applied quantitative discipline such as statistics, econometrics or epidemiology
- A strong commitment to high quality work and an interest in rapid learning and skill development
- A willingness and ability to travel
In return, HEOR Ltd offers a competitive salary, private health insurance, 25 days annual leave and exposure to working on a variety of interesting and innovative scientific studies. The company has clients across the world and this leads to a dynamic and rewarding workplace with a friendly and vibrant work environment.
Share this job
Type / Role:
Midlands of England