Technical Services Manager
University of Exeter - Technical Services
|Salary:||£33,943 to £38,183 per annum (Grade F), starting at the lower end of the grade and progressing subject to knowledge, skills, and experience.|
|Placed on:||15th November 2016|
|Closes:||6th December 2016|
|★ View Employer Profile|
This full-time permanent post is available immediately on the University of Exeter’s Streatham Campus. The primary focus of this post is to manage the day-to-day operational delivery of technical services to engineering and physics research laboratories and to contribute to the enhancement and increased effectiveness and efficiency of processes and procedures.
As the use of lasers continues to grow in both research and research-inspired learning at the University, so too has the demand for trained laser safety professionals. Technical Services (through this role) will provide oversight of laser installations in a number of laboratories situated in various research laboratories on Streatham Campus.
The role holder will provide a proactive approach to ensuring that systems are managed correctly and have appropriate safety control measures in place to reduce or eliminate risks. The role holder will also provide advice and assist with overarching laboratory manager tasks such as: general H&S, housekeeping and general laboratory technical support.
You will be experienced in laser safety and applications and will possess skills in planning (projects and techniques, timelines, and keeping current), and leadership (leading by example and inspiring others to increase productivity and creativity and help promote collaboration).
Applications should be made via our website www.exeter.ac.uk/jobs. Please quote reference number P54284 in any correspondence.
Diversity of skills
Our women in HE work extends the principles of the Athena SWAN Charter and the Gender Equality Charter Mark to all roles in the University. At Exeter we are committed to bringing the best development experience to women at all stages of their careers as well as being passionate about promoting careers for women in science. That is why we have invested in a range of initiatives, online resources, networking, training and mentoring opportunities to encourage women to reach their full potential.
Benefits of being in Technical Services
- Technical Services are a Science Council Employer Champion. With established link with professional bodies, FREE membership for the first year, and support with your professional registration.
- FREE HEATED membership giving you:
- discounts on CPD activities, including our bespoke activities
- exclusive online courses
- use of our Competency Assessment Toolkit for Technical Staff (CATTS) workforce development resource
- free access to a range of resources on soft skills and professional development
- a range of resources designed to enhance career progression
- Supporting staff through Aurora (Leadership Foundation) courses.
- FREE delegate ticket to our annual Technical Services conference.
- A generous annual leave entitlement. (http://www.exeter.ac.uk/staff/employment/leave/annual/)
- Flexible working arrangements are intended to give staff more (but not complete) choice over their working hours, subject to operational requirements. (http://www.exeter.ac.uk/staff/employment/leave/flexibleworking/policy/)
- Pension - Staff on Grades E and above are eligible to join the Universities Superannuation Scheme (USS).
- A number of other staff benefits are also available, link.
- The University offers a number of role related training courses to help develop you and your role. Continuous Personal Development through our Technical Staff Development Framework.
Before submitting an application you may wish to discuss the post further by contacting either Jonathan Cresswell (telephone: 01392 724477, email: email@example.com) or Gail Reeves (telephone: 01326 255822, email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
The University of Exeter is an equal opportunity employer which is 'Positive about Disabled People'. Whilst all applicants will be judged on merit alone, we particularly welcome applications from groups currently underrepresented in the workforce.
Share this job
South West England