University of Southampton - FOS - Physical Sciences and Engineering
|Salary:||£23,879 per annum, pro rata|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||16th November 2016|
|Closes:||6th December 2016|
|★ View Employer Profile|
Location: Highfield Campus
Salary: £23,879 per annum, pro rata
Part Time 0.8 FTE Fixed Term - 43 Months
The Physics and Technology of Photonic Metadevices and Metasystems
We are seeking a highly experienced and skilled administrator to support a large project in the field of Photonic Metadevices and Metasystems, within the Optoelectronics Research Centre (ORC). This will be a varied role working mainly with the Principal Investigator (PI) Professor Nikolay Zheludev and his Co-Investigators (Co-Is).
The applicant will also be expected to support the wider day-to-day work of the ORC administrative team.
Full details of the position are available on the Role Description, but responsibilities include:
- Provision of professional, high quality administrative support for the grant and, in particular, to the Principal Investigator and Co-Investigators, including making complex travel arrangements, providing full support to high-level project meetings, and monitoring budgets.
- Relationship management on behalf of the Principal Investigator and Co-Investigators, and to act as a first point of contact for visitors and callers related to the project.
- Provision of comprehensive Research Data Management (RDM) support to ensure that project outputs are captured in a timely and effective manner.
- Support for the management of high-level events and project workshops.
- Working proactively the Investigators to develop and maintain the Project website and display materials
Excellent communication skills are essential as is the use of confidentiality in data management at all times. The post will require the holder to possess excellent attention to detail, record keeping skills, interpersonal skills and customer service skills. A willingness to work flexible hours on occasion would be welcome.
To informally discuss the position, please contact Hayley Lee, Senior Faculty Administrator – H.J.Lee@soton.ac.uk or call 02380 594521
You should submit your completed online application form at www.jobs.soton.ac.uk. The application deadline will be midnight on the closing date stated above. If you need any assistance, please call Suzanne Stone (Recruitment Team) on +44 (0) 23 8059 4043. Please quote reference 809016F7 on all correspondence.
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community. Please note that applications from agencies will not be accepted unless indicated in the job advert.
Share this job
Type / Role:
South East England