Lecturer in Maths (GCSE)
|Salary:||£26,240 to £30,411 per annum (with progression when fully qualified)|
|Placed on:||17th November 2016|
|Closes:||5th December 2016|
We are looking to recruit a lecturer to teach GCSE Maths mainly to 16-18 year old students on full time programmes of study in a variety of curriculum areas. These students achieved a grade D last year and are now aiming to achieve a minimum grade C within a year.
There is also a requirement to teach adult students who are studying GCSE on a part time basis, either in daytime or evening classes.
As a Lecturer in Maths (GCSE), you should have:
- A degree in Mathematics (or closely related discipline)
- *PGCE or recognised full teaching qualification as prescribed within the FE Teachers’ regulations
- GCSE A* - C in Maths and English qualifications or equivalent
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of working with 16-18 year olds, ideally in a teaching capacity
- Experience of teaching GCSE Mathematics
- Awareness of the changes in the newly reformed GCSE Mathematics specification
- Ability to develop innovative support strategies for students at risk of failing to achieve a C grade.
Closing date: 11.00am on Monday 5 December 2016
See what we have to offer and come and join us. For further details, please refer the job description and person specification above.
Transforming lives through learning …
… by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.
Share this job
Type / Role: