English Language and Academic Skills Tutor
Kaplan International Colleges
|Salary:||£26,000 to £28,000 per annum + benefits|
|Placed on:||17th November 2016|
|Closes:||5th December 2016|
|★ View Employer Profile|
Set up in partnership with the University of Nottingham, which is ranked in the top 1% of Universities in the world, the University of Nottingham International College (TUNIC) will provide new routes for international students wishing to study on degrees at the University of Nottingham. Located on University Boulevard opposite the University campus, the college will open its doors to welcome students in January 2017, to deliver undergraduate foundation programmes and pre-Master’s programmes as well as a range of other support and extracurricular services.
About the role
English language and academic skills training is provided to all students at the college and is the bedrock of any successful study experience. We are looking for a passionate ELT practitioner, with experience of teaching study skills to international students to lead the English Language teaching team, coordinate the delivery of English and skills teaching including tutorial support and teach for up to 10 hours per week.
The role will be of particular interest to candidates who have significant ELT experience, a demonstrable desire to see international students achieve their goals and an interest in gaining additional exposure to academic coordination and management. Being involved in the college from its inception will provide the right candidate with an exciting opportunity to influence and shape programme delivery.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Up to 10 hours of English Language and Study Skills modules
- Driving the development of English Language and Study skills modules at TUNIC.
- Leading the provision of academic learning support to students through the 1:1 tutorial system, liaising with colleague tutors
- Coordinating the teaching delivery of Speaking, Listening, Writing and Reading skills
- Leading on module examinations and other forms of formative and summative assessment, ensuring adherence to quality assurance
- Development and maintenance of the College virtual learning environment (VLE) and facilitating student access.
- Leading on an engaging extracurricular enrichment programme for students
To be considered for the role, you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree as a minimum
- DELTA qualification or MA in Applied Linguistics
- Successful teaching and coordinating experience within a UK higher/further education/ESL context
- Experience in delivering academic and pastoral tutorials
- Ability to develop and update teaching material, ideally experience of a Virtual Learning Environment.
- Good IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail, etc).
- Strong record-keeping skills.
- Knowledge or experience of assessment within a UK higher education context
- Flexibility and willingness to work under pressure to deadlines.
- Enthusiasm for your subject and an ability to inspire excellence in others
Application method and closing date
Please apply with CV and covering letter via our online application form, explaining why you believe you are a suitable candidate for the role and your motivation for joining our team
If you would like to discuss the role informally, please contact Di Dale at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for Applications: Monday 5th December 2016 at 12 noon.
Share this job
Type / Role:
Midlands of England