Finance Officer (European Centres)
University of Kent - Academic Division
|Placed on:||18th November 2016|
|Closes:||19th December 2016|
The University of Kent, Brussels Centre is looking to appoint a new Finance Officer (European Centres) on an ongoing and full time basis.
As part of a team of administrators supporting the University’s four European centres, the Finance Officer is responsible for managing the financial and budgetary arrangements of the four European Centres in accordance with University procedures.
You will be accountable for the financial management of the four European centres covering income, expenditure, payroll services, insurance and student loans.
English will be the main working language of this role.
As Finance Officer you will:
- Draw up budgets for all centres annually in consultation with appropriate stakeholders.
- Work with the relevant School Administration Managers to ensure that their Brussels operations are correctly reflected in their budgets.
- Support budget holders and monitor expenditure against budget.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Proven experience in a management or financial accounts role.
- Good recent knowledge of technical accounting issues and regulations.
- The ability to work with minimal supervision and to prioritise own workload and to meet deadlines.
European Centres (Brussels)
The University delivers postgraduate programmes in four European centres based in Athens, Brussels, Paris, and Rome.
European Centre Administration is centred in Brussels and provides the administration across all fours sites; sometimes in conjunction with other university partners. It aims to provide a coherent range of support, administrative and facilities management services across all European Centres consistent with the University’s procedures, policies and ethos.
Interviews are to be held: 9 & 10 January 2017.
Interviews will take place at our Brussels campus so please ensure you are able to attend.
Please see the links below to view the full job description and also to apply for this post (please do not send your application directly to the department).
How to apply - for this type of position you will be required to complete the on line application process. Please note we do not accept CVs for this post. If you require further information regarding the post or application process please contact Caren Ward at email@example.com.
Please note applications must be made via the University website - details sent directly via email cannot be considered.
Share this job
Type / Role: