Fully-Funded Full-Time PhD Studentship in collaboration with Colorcon Ltd.
Aston University - School of Life and Health Sciences
|Funding for:||UK Students, EU Students|
|Placed on:||21st November 2016|
|Closes:||11th December 2016|
Development and Assessment of Multifunctional Tablet Coating Technology to Overcome Dysphagia
Supervisor: Professor Afzal Mohammed
Applications are invited from ambitious, self-motivated candidates to work on developing novel coating technology to overcome difficulty in tablet swallowing. This opportunity is open to UK and EU students, who have at least an Upper Second Class Honours degree in pharmacy or biological or chemical science or a related subject.
This project brings together the expertise of Colorcon Ltd. and the expertise of Prof Afzal Mohammed in studying excipient functionality and developing solutions for effective delivery of age appropriate formulations. This project will therefore provide a student with first class interdisciplinary research training covering excipient screening, technology development and formulation assessment. The focus of the project will be to evaluate the suitability of tablet coating composition and process to reduce discomfort associated with tablet swallowing.
Aston University was ranked 5th out of 94 UK Higher Education Institutions for research in Allied Health Professions (REF 2014) and was ranked 1st for research environment. Additional information about research in the School can be found at www.aston.ac.uk/lhs/research. Informal enquiries can be made to Professor Afzal Mohammed (E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
The studentship comprises of the current RCUK tax-free stipend of £14,296 p.a. and payment of Home/EU tuition fees only. The studentship is available for three years, subject to satisfactory progress review at the end of the first year with an anticipated Registration date of 1st January 2017.
- Eligible Applicants should hold at least a Bachelor (Hons.) Degree of either 1st Class/ 2.1 or MSc/MRes in a relevant discipline.
- EU Applicants will need to demonstrate adequate proficiency in English Language skills, with a minimum overall score of 93 (Internet Based) (with a minimum score in each section of: R: 18, W: 23, L: 19 and S: 19) in TOEFL or IELTS with minimum marks of 6.0 in each section and an overall band of 6.5.
- Informal enquiries should be addressed to Professor Afzal Mohammed (E-mail: email@example.com; Telephone: 0121 204 5040).
- To apply please complete the on-line application form at map.aston.ac.uk/urd/sits.urd/run/siw_ipp_lgn.login?process=siw_ipp_app&&code1=LHS230PR&code2=0024 (Select: ‘Research Health Sciences’ Programme) quoting the Reference: ‘Afzal-Colorcon’ on all applications.
- The Closing Date for All Applications is: Sunday, 11th December 2016.
Share this PhD
Type / Role:
Midlands of England