Senior Officer - Initial Teacher Development - Regions
|Salary:||£35,180 plus Benefits|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||23rd November 2016|
|Closes:||12th December 2016|
Contract type: 1 year
As Senior Officer for Initial Teacher Development, you will work closely with the Contracts & Operational Improvement Manager to support delivery of the ITD contract in the London Region, which is delivered in partnership with Canterbury Christ Church University (CCCU) and the Institute of Education (UCL IOE) across four London local area teams. You will join a team dedicated to ensuring that the London ITD contract is delivered to the highest possible standard, working to ensure that the London Partnership has a positive and quantifiable impact in schools. You will work collaboratively across the London Region and wider London Partnership team to achieve the highest quality provision for pupils and will work to ensure that all relationships, systems and processes throughout the London Partnership are as effective and efficient as possible.
Initial Teacher Development
Successful Initial Teacher Development (ITD) is a key part of how Teach First has a positive impact on young people’s lives. The ITD contract is the mechanism through which Teach First works with Higher Education Training Providers and Schools to deliver support and ensure development and impact of trainee teachers on the first year of our two year Leadership Development Programme.
- With the Contracts & Operational Improvement Manager, ensure the ITD provision is focussed on achieving Teach First’s 2022 Fair Education Impact Goals in the context of Teach First in London
- Work collaboratively with internal Teach First departments and the London ITD Training Providers to ensure the highest quality support is given to all Teach First trainee teachers (participants)
- Play a pivotal role in building and maintaining a highly effective partnership with London ITD training providers (CCCU and UCL IOE), ensuring constant improvement remains a focus
- Support the development and delivery of the strategic plan for the London ITD provision, working to ensure core deliverables are met in the best possible way
- Lead the planning and delivery of a programme of development for in-school mentors, ensuring the consultation of schools, ITD providers and other Teach First colleagues
- Support the Contracts & Operational Improvement Manager to ensure that ITD provision is embedded effectively within Teach First’s wider two year Leadership Development Programme
- Lead on the development, delivery and evaluation of communications across the London ITD provision
- Lead on the implementation of a wide variety of projects across the London local area, for example: technological change processes, training programmes for staff and stakeholder engagement strategies
- Work collaboratively (with Contracts & Operational Improvement manager and others) to plan for and implement the forthcoming Teach First ITD contract (from June 2017), leading the effective project management of specific projects or systems for the new contract
National Office & London Local Area Office, 6 Mitre Passage, London, SE10 0ER
*Roles based in London will also receive the £3,000 London Weighting Allowance
Teach First’s core benefits include 27 days holiday per annum (7 of which must be taken during the two weeks of Christmas and New Year office closure), participation in the pension scheme (with an employer contribution of up to 6%), life assurance, income protection and private healthcare. Through our flexible benefits platform access to childcare vouchers, interest free travel season ticket loan/bike loan, dental membership, health screening, discounted gym membership, travel insurance, Give As you Earn (GAYE) and the option to buy/sell annual leave.
Share this job
Type / Role: