Full-time Research Support Officer I - H2020 Surveillance, Internet Governance, Digital Evidence & Privacy Research Projects
University of Malta - Department of Information Policy and Governance, Faculty of Media & Knowledge Sciences
£17,819.36 converted salary*
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||23rd November 2016|
|Closes:||19th December 2016|
- Applications are invited for the post of a full-time Research Support Officer to work on a number of research projects supported by the European Union within the Seventh Framework Programme (FP7) and Horizon 2020 Programme for Research and Innovation (H2020) in which the University of Malta is a partner. Further information about these projects (including but not limited to MAPPING, CITYCoP and CARISMAND) may be obtained in writing from Professor Joseph A. Cannataci at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants must be in possession of a bachelor degree, ideally in one of the following areas: law, security studies, sociology, anthropology or a pertinent area of the Knowledge Sciences. A high level of IT literacy is essential as are ability to work as part of a team. The Research Support Officer will be expected to work on the substantive part of the research effort required and since the projects in question deal with privacy, surveillance, data protection and internet governance, candidates should very preferably have experience of research in this field. Candidates who meet the essential requirements listed previously and who additionally have experience of working in large consortia in EU funded projects as well as compiling EU FP7 or H2020 project submissions will be given preference. Familiarity with online research, and qualitative and quantitative research methods will be considered an asset.
- This full-time post is for a period of not more than one year and carries a salary of €20,800.
- Candidates should send a letter of application, their curriculum vitae and a scanned copies of their certificates by e-mail to email@example.com
Applications should be received by not later than Monday, 19th December 2016.
Late applications will not be considered.
- Further information may be obtained from our the website: http://www.um.edu.mt/hrmd/vacancies.
Share this job
Type / Role: