Funding and Data Officer - HMP Swinfen Hall
Milton Keynes College
|Salary:||£17,644 to £20,553 per annum|
|Placed on:||23rd November 2016|
|Closes:||6th December 2016|
We currently have a vacancy for a full time Funding and Data Officer to work within our education administration team. This role would suit a highly organised professional, with an excellent eye for detail and a methodical approach to daily tasks. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing analysis on student recruitment, retention and success data as well as providing accurate end of month data and funding returns to the main college. You will also carry out general administrative tasks throughout the department, ensuring efficient working practices are maintained and enhanced.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Highly proficient in using MS Office packages and be able to analyse and produce data charts using spreadsheets.
- Be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, ensuring a high quality service, to ensure successful external audits.
HMPYOI Swinfen Hall is a Category C Training prison housing both young offenders and young adults aged 18-25 years. The Education Department works closely with prison colleagues to deliver a range of functional skills and vocational training that help prepare learners for employment both upon release and within the prison setting.
As a successful candidate you will have:
- Good basic general education including GCSE (or) equivalent) in Maths and English at Grade C or above.
- Experience of working with and analysing data.
- Application of advanced Excel skills in previous roles.
- Confident and efficient in the collation of data reports.
- Accuracy and precision in data compilation and presentation.
- Sensitive to the complexities of prisons or closed institutions and have the ability to work positively within the inherent restraints.
- Excellent people skills to enable you to deal with learner queries
- Able to work independently and to use own initiative.
- Work well under pressure and be able to prioritise your workload to meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to problem solve effectively.
- Good organisational skills.
- The requirement of this role is to work across the whole prison estate, on all wings where education is delivered.
Share this job
Type / Role:
South East England