Programme Manager Functional Skills - HMP Coldingley
Milton Keynes College
|Salary:||£28,373 to £33,654 per annum|
|Placed on:||24th November 2016|
|Closes:||7th December 2016|
We are looking to recruit an experienced Programme Manager / curriculum leader to enhance the delivery of our Functional Skills courses.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dedicated programme manager / curriculum leader to deliver learner success, through effective leadership within our Functional Skillsprogramme. This vacancy would suit a highly motivated programme manager that specialises in Maths and English and has a positive can do approach to education and the success of their students. The ideal candidate will have experience and success in their knowledge area of Functional Skills and experience of managing a team.
HMP Coldingley is focused on the resettlement of prisoners. It provides a framework to support the achievement of realistic resettlement goals by offering opportunities to prisoners willing to work hard and accept responsibility for achieving those goals.
Coldingley prison is situated on the edge of a common and within residential roads. There is plenty of on-site parking. The Education Department is small and friendly and you could almost believe you were in a College rather than a prison when you are there. Staff in the education department would like to ensure that all learners achieve their full potential and are able to attain the qualifications, and learn the skills necessary to successfully resettle back into the community on release and secure employment. We aim to make the lessons interesting, relevant, enjoyable and worthwhile to our learners in order to inspire them to achieve.
As a successful candidate you will have:
- A degree or qualification in Maths and English.
- A teaching qualification (QTLS as appropriate).
- Assessor/Verifier Awards (desirable).
- Teaching experience in Maths and English along with employability and/or PSD, up-to-date knowledge of these subject areas and employer requirements.
- Understanding of the necessary employability skills required in the current UK economy.
- Evidence of providing high quality effective programmes leading to outstanding success.
- Experience of data analysis.
- Experience of identifying, developing and sharing resources focused on teaching and learning.
- Experience of working with students who may have little experience of education and training (desirable).
- Knowledge of current relevant initiatives within the Offender Learning.
- The requirement of this role is to work across the whole prison estate, on all wings where education is delivered.
Location: HMP Coldingley
More about the rewards
As well as having 35 flexible days’ holiday per year you will also get 3 additional days to be taken over Christmas and of course all of the bank holidays. We offer a car allowance scheme “Just add fuel”, but if you prefer a more environmentally friendly approach to travel we also offer a cycle to work scheme. As part of Milton Keynes College you are entitled to apply for an NUS student discount card with offers in plenty of local restaurants and high street shops. Child care vouchers are available and of course the option of being part of Teachers Pension Scheme. For more about our benefits please visit the MK College website.
More about the College
Milton Keynes College deliver an exciting and varied curriculum in 28 of Her Majesty’s Prisons and Young Offenders Institutes. We also have a successful Employment Academy model which works with employers and stakeholders to enhance our learners’ chances of re-entering society successfully, to find employment upon release and to live fulfilling lives. The curriculum we offer is designed taking into account both the needs of the learner, external stakeholders and the local employment needs. We are proud of supporting our learners’ successfully through education and ‘Through the Gate’.
Share this job
Type / Role:
South East England