Housing Operations Officer
Bournemouth University - Student Services
|Salary:||£24,565 to £28,452 per annum, with progression opportunities to £31,076.|
|Placed on:||24th November 2016|
|Closes:||4th January 2017|
Bournemouth University (BU) Residential Services department are seeking a Housing Operations Officer to manage their Unilet (head tenancy scheme) and Student Village portfolios of accommodation.
This is a management role offering a variety of challenges across a diverse portfolio of accommodation. Reporting into the General Manager(s), you will be delivering and developing services within the following areas:
- General student support and advice.
- Student communities and welfare.
- Student complaints and discipline.
- Directly line manage a Residential Support Coordinator.
- Create, develop and manage relationships with a broad range of internal/external stakeholders and contractors.
Accommodation / housing management
- Ensure all accommodation meets and where possible exceeds statutory legal HMO standards and/or management codes of practice, i.e. The Code (UUK).
- Set up (where required) and manage the University’s contracts with a broad range of internal/external teams and contractors who have responsibility for the delivery of hard and soft facilities services.
- Implementation, supervision and monitoring of all statutory and best practice health & safety duties as required under law and BU policy, including the implementation of the BU Car User and Lone Worker policies for the department.
- Overseeing budget for area of responsibility.
It is expected that the successful candidate will have experience of working in a management position within the student accommodation sector as well as having a demonstrable understanding of relevant health & safety management practices.
A satisfactory DBS Disclosure is required for this post.
Closing date: (Midnight) Wednesday 4 January 2017
Interview date: Friday 20 January 2017
Share this job
Type / Role:
South West England