Lecturer in Operations Management
University of Reading - Henley Business School
|Salary:||£39,324 to £48,327 per annum|
|Placed on:||24th November 2016|
|Closes:||23rd January 2017|
|★ View Employer Profile|
Henley Business School at the University of Reading, is seeking to appoint a Lecturer in Operations Management who will undertake academic research and teaching on undergraduate and postgraduate modules in the area of operations management.
Characterised by its distinctive approach, Business Informatics, Systems and Accounting (BISA) integrates socio-technical thinking and interdisciplinary expertise in many areas such as information management, business processes and systems, accounting and finance. BISA has built an excellent record of knowledge transfer and commercialising research outcomes both locally and internationally.
You will be part of a vibrant global institution that continuously seeks to improve upon everything we do and be recognised for being a truly international business school, the excellence of our learning experience, world-class research and thinking, our sense of community and responsibility, the strength of our networks, and the breadth and depth of our relationships with industry. This is reflected in the subject area of accounting in which we value the balance between research and practice.
- Conduct independent research in the broad area of operations management.
- Teach a range of modules in the broad area of operations management.
- Participate in the teaching and assessments of the modules and support the compliance with the University’s teaching quality assurance standards and procedures. You will have:
- A PhD/DBA in Operations Management or closely related subject.
- Research capability demonstrated through journal articles and conference papers.
- Specialist knowledge of operations management and other related areas such as project management sufficient to be able to provide teaching and carry out independent academic research.
- Research and teaching experience in an HE institution.
Informal contact details
Contact role: Head of Business Informatics, Systems and Accounting
Contact name: Prof. Keiichi Nakata
Contact phone:+44 (0) 118 378 4423
Contact email: email@example.com
Alternative informal contact details
Contact role: Subject Area Leader in Managing Processes and Operations
Contact name: Mr Nigel Spinks
Contact phone: +44 (0) 1491 414 539
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and we welcome applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements which will be considered in line with business needs.
Share this job
Type / Role: