University of Leicester - Informatics
|Salary:||£20,000 to £30,000 per annum|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||24th November 2016|
|Closes:||8th January 2017|
|★ View Employer Profile|
Fixed-term appointment for 2.5 years (see contract details on Job Summary)
Based in Leicestershire, in the heart of England, Millitec Food Systems Ltd (www.millitec.com) are world leaders in the design and technology of the food production industry. Their range of machines - which includes mixers, ultrasonic cutters, depositors, butterers, sanitisers and production conveyors - deliver innovation in automation and can be found all over the world.
The Associate will be tasked with managing and delivering a key, strategic technology project within Millitec Food Systems Ltd.
The Associate will be a University employee but will be jointly supported and supervised by staff from both Millitec Food Systems Ltd and the University of Leicester. The Associate will be based at the company premises in Leicestershire.
The focus of the KTP project is to develop a secure, scalable, cyber-physical system for managing intelligent factories in the food processing industry.
You will have…
- A minimum Master’s degree qualification in Computer science or a related discipline.
- A sense of excitement about building something unique, with a strong customer focus, using cutting edge technologies.
- The ability to develop and grow your skills at the speed of light.
- A passion about making products people love.
- Previous professional experience as a programmer.
- The ability to take ideas from conception to release.
Other Essential Requirements
- Experience of MEAN stack development.
- Previous involvement in the design and development of online cloud based services based on Node.js, React, Angular and MongoDB.
- Ability to perform coding to written technical specifications, against agreed published standards and design guidelines.
- Comfortable in React and Node.js, MySQL or NoSQL programming.
- Fanatical about GitHub.
- Salary range: £20,000-£30,000 per annum. Training funds of £5,000.Profit share program.
- Free pizza Friday and company BBQ every month.
- Working with passionate, like-minded people.
- Great tea and coffee.
- As many monitors as you want!
- The best and latest toys to play with, including the latest 3D printers and CNC machines.
- On-site parking.
The successful applicant will be provided with additional training funds of £5,000 for the duration of the project and a potential profit share at the end of the project if it is successful.
This appointment is for a period of 2.5 years on a fixed term contract basis with a possibility of conversion into a permanent role at Millitec Food Systems Ltd subject to performance and suitable role availability.
Informal enquiries may be made to Dr Artur Boronat on email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 0116 252 2025.
Applications must be received by midnight on the closing date above.
Interview date: 30 January 2017.
Share this job
Type / Role:
Midlands of England