Post-Doc Position MD or PhD (m/f)
Christian-Albrechts Universität, Kiel
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||25th November 2016|
|Closes:||23rd December 2016|
Institute for Experimental Medicine, Christian-Albrechts-University Kiel and University Hospital Schleswig-Holstein UKSH, Prof. Alena Buyx
The Department for Medical Ethics (Institute for Experimental Medicine, Christian-Albrechts-University Kiel and University Hospital Schleswig-Holstein UKSH, Prof. Alena Buyx) is participating in an EU consortium within the Horizon 2020 program on “Transcranial brain stimulation as innovative therapy for chronic pediatric neuropsychiatric disorders – STIPED consortium“. The Medical Ethics team will focus on the ethical and social implications of brain stimulation research and practice in minors, as well as facilitate patient and public involvement in the consortium.
In connection with this project we are seeking applications for a Post-Doc Position MD or PhD (m/f).
The contract would start on March 1, 2017.
The Post-doc will be responsible for the following project activities:
- Map, analyse and publish on ethical, social and regulatory issues of brain stimulation in children, both in and outside of medical practice and research (including applications for cognitive enhancement)
- Investigate beliefs and attitudes towards the application of paediatric brain stimulation techniques in children, families, health professionals and teachers through semi-structured interviews and a quantitative survey
- Develop policy recommendations for the responsible and ethical application of paediatric brain stimulation
- Engage in patient and public involvement activities within the consortium
- PhD in bioethics, medical ethics, psychology, philosophy or a related field, or MD with ethics/paediatrics/neurology experience
- Knowledge of biomedical ethics debates, ideally including discussions on cognitive enhancement, and/or ethical issues in children and minors
- Experience with quantitative and/or qualitative research methods
- Fluency in English is essential, spoken German would be an asset
The position is part-time (50%, salary scale TV-L E13).
Your working hours:
Weekly working time is currently 19 hours and 25 minutes.
The duration of the fixed term post is 36 months, with 24 months extension possible. The position is temporary and project-based.
Please note that this position is also open to a candidate currently finishing a PhD and transitioning into a Post-doc position during the course of the project.
The Post-doc will take a leading role in this project and work within an international consortium, and locally in an international research group. The candidate is also encouraged to develop further her/his own research agenda with this project. For German candidates, Habilitation is possible.
People with severe disabilities will be given preference when equally qualified. The UKSH has set a goal to reach professional equality between men and women.
Please direct any questions about the post to the Head of Biomedical Ethics at the Institute of Experimental Medicine, Prof. Dr. med. Alena Buyx (email only, firstname.lastname@example.org).
For administrative, legal and HR aspects of the post, please contact Ms. Janette Samulkiewicz (Tel.: 0451 500-11022).
Please send your application (cover letter, CV, two writing samples of not more than 3,000 words each (can be excerpts), and contact details for two references IN ONE PDF FILE) using the reference 20160859.209.CK to email@example.com.
Closing date is December 23, 2016. Interviews (Skype and/or personal) will take place w/c January 9, 2017.
Please send your application for this announcement to 20160859.209.CK.
Dezernat Personal | Recruiting Center
Share this job
Type / Role: