Child and Adult Clinical Tutor
University of Reading - School of Psychology and Clinical Language Sciences
|Salary:||£33,180 to £38,200 pro rata|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||25th November 2016|
|Closes:||2nd January 2017|
|★ View Employer Profile|
We require a tutor to provide teaching, supervision and marking for the Charlie Waller Institute Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) taught programmes.
The role will involve:
- Teaching to students on the CBT postgraduate courses (predominantly our adult IAPT High Intensity course).
- Marking students’ coursework.
- Liaison with students and their services.
- Providing clinical supervision as part of the Postgraduate Diploma programmes.
The role will have limited day-to-day supervision and the responsible person is expected to make decisions, and identify issues and respond appropriately.
You will have:
- Excellent clinical skills reflected in an ability to engage with clients and to link the science and practice of psychological therapies for adult populations.
- Excellent clinical supervisor and teaching skills.
- An ability to mark effectively and consistently and to tight schedules, and to use standardised measures appropriately.
- Exceptional ability to communicate the theory and practice of evidence-based psychological therapies. These communication skills must be both written and verbal.
- An ability to understand where difficulties may arise with implementing evidence-based psychological therapies; ability to work with clinicians from all backgrounds with a variety of experience to troubleshoot these difficulties.
- Confidence working with all organisational levels and with clinicians from a range of backgrounds with a variety of experience.
- Sensitivity to cultural issues and needs and awareness of University regulations/best practice.
Note: It is a requirement that all tutors and supervisors are accredited to a minimum of therapist level by the British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP). Any applicants who are not already accredited by the BABCP must be able to provide evidence that they meet accreditation requirements and are in the process of applying for accreditation.
The post is fixed term for 2 years.
Informal contact details
Contact role: Director of Clinical Studies (CWI)
Contact name: Pamela Myles
Contact phone:+44 (0)118 378 7535
Contact email: email@example.com
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and we welcome applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements which will be considered in line with business needs.
Share this job
Type / Role: