University of Reading - Student Wellbeing Services
|Salary:||£16,289 to £18,412 pro rata|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||25th November 2016|
|Closes:||9th January 2017|
|★ View Employer Profile|
We are seeking to appoint a committed and dedicated Administrator who will be a member of the Student Wellbeing Service. In conjunction with existing staff, the post-holder will undertake administrative reception tasks for the Disability Advisory team. Based in the Carrington Building, the post-holder will provide a welcoming and professional face for the Service.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Manage reception on a daily basis – calls, emails, enquiries, appointments – ensuring a smooth running service.
- Manage the appointment calendars for the advisors - liaise with advisors, book appointments, add notes, make alterations, colour code appointment types and changes, inform advisors when students arrive.
- Answer email/phone/person basic enquiries or appointment enquiries – or liaise with colleagues to find a solution.
- Send out text reminders for appointments.
- Update/refill the leaflets/posters.
- Order stationary/equipment as needed.
- Photocopy and scan documents.
- Collate appointment information for data purposes.
- Manage loan equipment – forms, documentation and follow up or chase up.
- Update RISIS using the appropriate disability codes and information.
- Liaise with support hub staff and disability representations regarding students information and support.
- Meet deadlines while providing a helpful and friendly service.
- Other admin tasks as needed within the team.
This is a university term time only, Mon-Fri 10am-2pm, fixed term position from January spring term until the end of the summer term 9th June 2017.
See attachments for job and person specifications. We will be Interviewing on Friday 16th December.
Please call in, phone or email if you would like further details or information about this post.
Clare Burden Practice Manager Student Wellbeing Service Tel no: 0118 378 6849, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Cecile Davies Senior Administrator Disability Advisory Service Tel no: 0118 378 8921, Email: email@example.com.
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and we welcome applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements which will be considered in line with business needs.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications.
However, non-EEA candidates who do not already have permission to work in the UK should note that this role is not recognised as a graduate level job by the UK Border Agency and the Tier 2 sponsorship route is not available for non-graduate level occupations. There is further information about this on the UK Visas and Immigration Website.
Share this job
Type / Role: