Lecturer for Sport
|Salary:||£28,093 to £35,604 (dependent on qualifications and experience)|
|Placed on:||25th November 2016|
|Closes:||15th December 2016|
Are you passionate about Sport? Do you want to pass on your knowledge and experience to the next generation? As we grow and expand our provisions including the development of sporting academies & innovative technology within a classroom setting, we have new opportunities for the right candidate to join our ambitious team. We are looking for an enthusiastic Sport Lecturer who is experienced, innovative and committed to encouraging students to achieve the highest grades possible and delivering the highest standard of teaching within our Sport curriculum area. The role will also include the running of the Men’s Basketball Academy, which will involve delivering training sessions and attending fixtures.
The successful applicant will:
- assess learning outcomes, with a proven record of excellent success rates
- monitor, evaluate and improve the quality and effectiveness of own practice and of the learning programmes
- prepare and develop resources for teaching and learning
- inspire and motivate students at all levels
- be a team player with excellent communication skills
- have experience of teaching Sport
- have a degree level qualification related to Sport
- have a current teaching qualification
- have an A1 and V1 award or equivalent
- Basketball Coaching Level 1/2
- have Maths and English GCSE (grade A*- C or level 2 equivalent)
- hold a full UK driving license, as you will need to travel to remote sites.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from diverse backgrounds and abilities. We want our employees to be happy at work and we offer generous annual leave, final salary pension schemes, flexible working (where appropriate), enhanced contractual maternity pay, eye tests reimbursed, family friendly policies and a confidential counselling service.
If you would like to join us on our journey to becoming an outstanding College, we would love to hear from you.
Closing Date: 15th December 2016
Interview Date: 6th January 2017
Share this job
Type / Role:
Midlands of England