Humanities and Education lecturer
North Hertfordshire College
|Salary:||£24,000 to £36,000|
|Placed on:||25th November 2016|
|Closes:||31st December 2016|
NHC may have the perfect opportunity for you if:
- You’re an amazing humanities and education teacher who is motivated, enthusiastic and committed to the success of your students;
- You can you bring humanities and education to life in a way that engages students;
- You have a passion for your profession and share our determination to be outstanding.
NHC is part of the Hart Learning Group which also includes Hart L&D, a progressive learning and development business that helps business clients of all sizes to engage with emerging talent, and the Hart Schools Trust – a burgeoning multi-academy trust which sponsors a small number of schools in our local community.
You will teach a range of humanities subjects such as history and English literature at level 3. The role also involves the delivery of teaching theory units to adult learners seeking entry to university for teaching training programmes. In this capacity, you will also be required to supervise students in the building of their evidence portfolio during their teaching practice placement.
- Basic salary £24k - £36k;
- Teachers Pensions Scheme;
- Participations in the Group’s performance related pay scheme (PRP).
Roles and responsibility
- Deliver consistently good or better teaching sessions across core modules including those related to academic and professional development sessions at Level 3, specific to access to higher education diploma pathways;
- Incorporate an effective range of learning strategies that enable outstanding learning outcomes for all students whilst delivering an appropriate blend of learning opportunities, making effective use of technology both within the classroom and via online and independent learning;
- Maintain high expectations of students, working with them to raise their ambition and aspiration, ensuring they realise their full potential
Share this job
Type / Role:
South East England