Programme Coordinator – Film & Animation
SAE Creative Media Institute
|Salary:||£30,000 to £32,000 depending on qualification & experience.|
|Placed on:||28th November 2016|
|Closes:||3rd January 2017|
|★ View Employer Profile|
SAE Institute is a global organisation with 55 campuses in 28 countries. We deliver intensive and practical undergraduate degrees and fast track training programs to equip our students with industry relevant skills in Audio, Film, Animation, Games Programming, Web Development and Music Business. SAE tutors and supervisors bring industry knowledge and experience to the classroom. Students who have finished their journey with SAE have gone on to win Grammy’s, BAFTAs and even Oscars. Our network of over 10,000 alumni form a community of engaged professionals working in a range of creative media sectors.
What you will do
We are seeking a knowledgeable and engaging leader to run our Film & Animation department at our campuses in London & Oxford.
You will be in a key campus academic leadership role. Working with the Academic Coordinator, you will provide primary expert leadership of film & animation programmes. You will oversee the delivery of film & animation modules supervising the faculty assigned to teach those modules and all students registered in film & animation programmes. Along with the Academic Coordinator and other Programme Coordinators you will work to ensure a high quality experience for all students in film & animation programmes. You will provide expert advice to the Campus Manager and Academic Coordinator on the scheduling and resourcing of film & animation programmes delivery including appointment recommendations to London & Oxford faculty. You will also contributes to UK SAE film & animation leadership as an ex officio member of the UK SAE Institute Film & Animation Programme Committee. As a member of the UK academic leadership you are expected to maintain currency of industry knowledge and skills and associated scholarship.
What you will bring
- You will hold a Postgraduate degree in film and/or animation field; i.e. Hons degree and a PGCert Education (en route to a Masters qualification, attending with demonstrable evidence of satisfactory progress);
- You will have demonstrable expert film and/or animation industry experience;
- You will be knowledgeable and experienced with a range of digital film cameras and other relevant film equipment such as dollies, cranes, lighting equipment, audio recording equipment, SteadiCam etc;
- You will be knowledgeabe and experienced with a range of editing and compositing software, such as Adobe Premier, Adobe AfterEffects, Avid and DaVinci, as well as expert experience in Macintosh platform;
- You will demontrate teaching experience in higher education, including the creation of session plans and preparation of materials; and a high level of communication skills both verbal and written;
- You will have organisational skills with a high focus on the enhancement of student experience;
- You will be a leader amongst your team and posess the people skills to foster a harmonious working environment;
- If you do not have the rights to work in the UK, please get in touch all the same. We would love to be in support!
- We would also value a teaching qualification such as PGCertEd or fellowship with the HEA or equivalent.
Enquiries and applications should be submitted here.
Please address Alexia Gonzalez, Campus Manager SAE Oxford or Craig Ruddock, Campus Manager SAE London with a cover letter and an up to date CV on the selection criteria for this position and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Share this job
Type / Role: