Medical Development Officer
University of Glasgow - Development and Alumni Services
|Salary:||£27,629 to £31,076 per annum|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||28th November 2016|
|Closes:||19th December 2016|
To cultivate, solicit and steward existing and potential supporters to secure gifts to the University of Glasgow and to support in the development and implementation of effective fundraising campaigns for the College of Medical Veterinary and Life Sciences (MVLS) priorities as well as to the Glasgow World Changing campaign.
To liaise with contacts in the relevant schools and colleges to provide the most compelling and up to date information for donors and prospects and to coordinate related events, profile raising and alumni activities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and manage a pipeline of medium-level campaign prospects and review on a monthly basis to ensure the pipeline remains updated. Work with the Development Manager – MVLS and Head of UK Development to build cultivation and solicitation plans for each prospect. Role will also involve working with the Trusts Development Officer to develop a limited number of trust applications and manage a small number of ongoing Trust relationships.
- To contribute to the planning and implementation of fundraising activities for the campaign and priority fundraising areas agreed by the Head of College of MVLS. Working with the Development Manager, coordinate financial reporting for the biannual DAO MVLS fundraising meeting and from the outcome of this meeting, arrange for disbursement of funds with the relevant School/Institute.
- To liaise with senior DAO, the College of MVLS and other University staff to initiate and develop lasting relationships with influential external contacts and potential donors to raise the profile and encourage giving to the College of MVLS.
- To assist in the design of a programme of effective stewardship of donors, to ensure the University’s obligations to them are fully met.
- To support the MVLS Development Coordinator in the production a suite of marketing material, for diverse audiences, in a range of formats, including newsletter, brochures and web content in order to communicate the College of MVLS with particular emphasis on Research Institutes, School of Medicine and Cancer fundraising priorities and improve the profile of activities related to the campaign.
- Support the work of the MVLS Development Coordinator to run a successful alumni relations programme in liaison with MVLS and the DAO Alumni Manager to establish relationships with alumni and facilitate alumni giving.
- To plan fundraising and profile raising events in liaison with MVLS and DAO Events teams, devised to, to engage alumni, and potential donors.
- To work closely with other DAO staff to assist in the development and implementation of fundraising strategies for the University.
- To collaborate effectively in progressing projects with academic colleagues, internal stakeholders and colleagues in other departments such as Estates & Buildings, Communications and Public Affairs Office, Finance Office etc.
Standard Terms & Conditions
This post is full time (35 hours p/w) and fixed term to 1 December 2017.
New entrants to the University will be required to serve a probationary period of 6 months.
The successful applicant will be eligible to join the Universities’ Superannuation Scheme. Further information regarding the scheme is available from the Superannuation Officer, who is also prepared to advise on questions relating to the transfer of Superannuation benefits.
Vacancy reference: 015410.
The University has been awarded the Athena SWAN Institutional Bronze Award
The University of Glasgow, charity number SC00440.
The University is committed to equality of opportunity in employment.
Share this job
Type / Role: