Mathematical Modeller - KTP Associate
University of Portsmouth - Faculty of Technology - Civil Engineering and Surveying
|Salary:||£25,000 to £27,000 per annum, plus a £4000 training budget|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||29th November 2016|
|Closes:||4th January 2017|
Civil Engineering and Surveying Research Group in collaboration with Innovate UK and THA Aquatic
Employment type: Full time fixed term (2 years)
Based at:THA’s offices in West Dean, Salisbury, Wiltshire
Interview date: 16 January 2017
Recruiting graduates for innovative companies for over 40 years!
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a recent BEng or Masters or PhD graduate in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent to join us in developing a numerical modelling suite to improve fish behaviour modelling in coastal, river and lake/reservoir environments.
Qualifications we require:
We are looking for a recent BEng or Masters or PhD graduate (2.1 or higher) in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent.
About THA Aquatic Ltd:
THA Aquatic Ltd is an SME specialising in fisheries engineering and aquatic environmental assessment; developing engineered structures that interface with natural water bodies in such a way that they mitigate harm to fish.
Knowledge Transfer Partnerships bring together universities and business to work together on a development project that is strategically important to the future of an organisation.
- Acceleration for your career
- The opportunity to lead and manage a strategic project
- The support of an academic team from the University
- The possibility of a permanent post with the company
If you have questions about vacancy contact: Dr Steve Mitchell (email@example.com) Tel: +44 (0)23 9284 2424
The successful candidate must possess:
- Knowledge and experience of mathematical/hydraulic modelling
- Experience of handling large data sets and applying standard software (Excel, Matlab)
- Knowledge of advanced analytical (e.g., fluid flow, advanced calculus) and statistical (e.g., regression, significance testing) methods
- Experience in efficient and safe working in the marine/coastal environment
Essential skills we require as a minimum:
- Good skills in mathematics;
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise work
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good report writing and presentation skills
Share this job
South East England