Leverhulme Trust's Early Career Fellowship scheme 2017
|Salary:||£24,000 plus up to £6,000 to further his or her research activities|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||29th November 2016|
|Closes:||13th January 2017|
Location: Lancaster Salary: Not specified Hours: Full time
Contract type: Contract/Temporary Closed
Lancaster University is inviting applications from early career researchers seeking support for their application to the Leverhulme Trust's Early Career Fellowship scheme 2017.
The University invites early career researchers seeking support for their application to get in touch with host departments to discuss their application in the first instance. Details about the University’s internal process can be found here and the internal application deadline is 13 January 2017. Applicants should apply through the host department with the support of their mentor in the preparation of their application.
Full scheme details including eligibility criteria can be found on the Leverhulme Trust's website: http://www.leverhulme.ac.uk/funding/ECF/ECF.cfm.
All outline proposals will be considered by internal committee and applicants will be notified of the shortlisting outcome by 10 February 2017. The final deadline for submission of approved applications through the Leverhulme system is 2 March 2017.
The University recommends that applicants make clear the following in their applications (CVs and proposals):
- the strength of your academic record (e.g. classifications, awards, time taken to complete your PhD, etc.)
- the strength of your research record (e.g. publications; presentations; research leadership; if you make practice as research, indicate how it is research; etc.)
- what research you will publish/disseminate through the fellowship
- the importance of doing your fellowship in Lancaster (e.g. synergies with staff and research centres)
- your proposal’s importance, originality, methods, critical contexts, resources, structure and outputs
Lancaster University has a world-class international reputation for excellence in teaching, scholarship and research and continues to grow its reputation for excellence both nationally and internationally. Lancaster is a top 10 University in the UK and is consistently highly placed in all major league tables; the top 1 percent of the world ranking (QS), and 59th in the THE Best Universities in Europe, placing Lancaster among Europe's elite universities.
Share this job
Type / Role: