Lecturer in Accounting
University of Reading - Henley Business School
|Salary:||£39,324 to £48,327 per annum|
|Placed on:||1st December 2016|
|Closes:||11th January 2017|
|★ View Employer Profile|
Henley Business School at the University of Reading is seeking to appoint a Lecturer in Accounting who will undertake academic research and teaching on undergraduate and postgraduate modules in the area of accounting and financial management, with associated responsibilities in administration and collaborative research.
The post holder will be required to contribute to the delivery of the BA Accounting programme in collaboration with Beijing Institute of Technology (BIT) in China. They will spend a term in Beijing and will be based in Reading for the remainder of the year.
The BA Accounting is a four year degree programme delivered at the BIT campus in Beijing by a combination of BIT staff and Henley staff. At the end of the programme, students receive double degrees from the University of Reading and BIT. Currently there are around 450 students studying on the programme at BIT.
You will be part of a vibrant global institution that continuously seeks to improve upon everything we do and be recognised for being a truly international business school, the excellence of our learning experience, world-class research and thinking, our sense of community and responsibility, the strength of our networks, and the breadth and depth of our relationships with industry. This is reflected in the subject area of accounting in which we value the balance between research and practice.
- Teach a range of modules in the broad area of accounting and financial management.
- Conduct independent research in the broad area of accounting and financial management.
- Provide support to the operation of BA Accounting programme at BIT.
- Participate in the teaching and assessments of the modules and support the compliance with the University’s teaching quality assurance standards and procedures.
You will have:
- A PhD/DBA in accounting and financial management or a closely related subject.
- Research capability demonstrated through journal articles and conference papers.
- Specialist knowledge of accounting and financial management and other related areas such as project management sufficient to be able to provide teaching and carry out independent academic research.
- Research and teaching experience in a HE institution.
Interviews for this post will be held on 3rd February 2017.
Informal contact details
Contact role: Head of BISA
Contact name: Prof Keiichi Nakata
Contact phone: +44 (0) 118 378 4423
Contact email: email@example.com
Alternative informal contact details
Contact role: Director of Studies
Contact name: Dr Liang Han
Contact phone: +44 (0) 1491 418 871
Contact email: Liang.firstname.lastname@example.org
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and we welcome applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements which will be considered in line with business needs.
Share this job
Type / Role: