Instructor/Assessor in Animal Management
St Helens College
|Salary:||£21,402 to £24,786 per annum|
|Placed on:||1st December 2016|
|Closes:||21st December 2016|
Are you passionate about Animal Care? Are you enthusiastic about inspiring and motivating students to fulfil their potential? If so, this is an exciting opportunity to join one of the largest FE colleges in the North West.
This is a fantastic opportunity to pass on your skills at Further Education level and inspire the next generation. Working in a vibrant and positive learning environment, the main objectives of the role will be:
- to develop and grow an already expanding apprenticeship/traineeship programme in the landbased sector (Animal Management Floristry and Horticulture) including liaising with employers and supporting learners in the workplace.
- to recruit apprentices and traineeships and secure employment/work placement.
- to manage, deliver and coordinate apprenticeship and traineeship frameworks to individuals in the workplace.
- to liaise with employers ensuring smooth delivery of apprenticeships/traineeships in the workplace.
- to monitor and report on retention and achievement of apprenticeship and traineeship programmes.
- to deliver of practical and skills based training in Animal Management programmes from level 1 to level 3 and to work with the programme team in the curriculum delivery across all levels.
The successful candidate must:
- hold PTTLS or A1/V1 qualification
- hold a Level 3 Animal Management or equivalent.
- have experience of teaching, instructing and/or assessing within Animal Management
- have experience of delivering apprenticeship frameworks
- have experience of working with young people and employers
The benefits package includes generous annual leave, membership of final salary or career average pension scheme, professional development and training, free on-site car parking, and other voluntary benefit schemes, including childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme.
St Helens College is committed to Equality and Diversity and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff, students and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check
This role does not meet the minimum requirements set by UK Visas & Immigration to enable sponsorship of migrant workers. Therefore we cannot progress applications from candidates who require sponsorship to work in the UK.
Please note we do not accept CV’s from recruitment agencies. Any speculative CVs sent to the College will NOT be considered.
Share this job
Type / Role: