Lecturer in Health Service Management
University of Plymouth - Plymouth University Peninsula School of Medicine and Dentistry - Peninsula Dental School
|Salary:||£32,958 to £46,924 per annum pro rata (Grade 7/8)|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||1st December 2016|
|Closes:||3rd January 2017|
This post, based in Plymouth University Peninsula Schools of Medicine & Dentistry, is primarily to support the delivery of Plymouth University’s MBA in Healthcare which is a blended learning postgraduate programme.
You will contribute to the delivery of teaching and assessment of the MBA programme, and will also assist in the management and administration of the programme.
You will work closely with the Programme Lead (Professor E J Kay) and will relate with other faculty members involved in the programme, the Module Leads in the Business School and external deliverers of teaching and learning.
The purpose of the role is to strengthen the content of the MBA programmes particularly with regard to hands on strategic and operational health service management.
You will be expected to:
- Deliver teaching and learning to MBA students.
- Support Healthcare Improvement projects undertaken by students for their dissertations.
- Moderate and assess student work.
- Work collaboratively with others contributing to the programme.
- Contribute occasionally to other programmes.
- Undertake general administrative duties to help to ensure the smooth running of the programme.
- Have experience of health service management.
- Have experience of delivering high quality teaching and learning opportunities.
- Have sound knowledge of project planning and delivery.
- Be IT literate.
- Be approachable, empathic and supportive to others.
- Able to work to deadlines and in a timely and ordered manner.
For informal discussion please contact Professor E J Kay, Foundation Dean on 01752 586800 or email Elizabeth.firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a part time position working 7.4 hours on a fixed term basis for 12 months.
Closing date: Tuesday, 3 January 2017.
University of Plymouth is committed to an inclusive culture and respecting diversity, and welcomes applications from all sections of the community and is a Stonewall diversity champion.
The University holds a Bronze Athena SWAN Award which recognises commitment to advancing women’s career in STEMM academia.
University of Plymouth has been recognised by Bloomberg as one of the 50 best UK employers for 2016.
Share this job
Type / Role:
South West England