Senior Lecturer in Counselling Psychology (Practice)
Monash University Malaysia
||22nd December 2016
||22nd February 2017
The Senior Lecturer in Counselling Psychology (Practice) will be an appointment based at the Monash University Malaysia campus in Bandar Sunway, Selangor Darul Ehsan. This position will primarily be responsible for teaching and supervision of students in Master of Professional Counselling (MOPC), and for assisting students to achieve their clinical training objectives. A strong commitment to teaching, clinical practice, academic service, and scholarship is required. The appointee will work closely with the Director of Master of Professional Counselling; academic and professional staff; associated hospitals, schools and counselling carters; and senior staff of the Department of Psychology to contribute to the ongoing development, implementation, and evaluation of the program. Although we are aiming to hire a full-time employee, fractional appointments (part-time) could also be considered for candidates who have active counselling practices.
Key selection criteria
- A bachelor’s degree in psychology and a PhD or equivalent qualification in counselling or clinical psychology;
- Established tract record of professional activity in the field of counselling or clinical psychology;
- Experience of teaching in counselling psychology at the postgraduate level;
- Ability to supervise practicum and clinical placements undertaken by the professional Master students;
- Experience working with diverse client groups, such as children, adults, families, couples and groups;
- A current membership or a demonstrated ability to obtain membership with the Board of Counsellors Malaysia (Lembaga Kaunselor Malaysia);
- Experience in curriculum development and delivery in counseling psychology, including preparation of teaching materials and online resources;
- Experience in assessment, especially clinical assessment of students;
- Demonstrated understanding of the needs of professional Master students, including international students;
- Ability to provide career advice and counseling to students, including managing grievances;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with senior and junior staff members in the Department and other health professionals in the counselling placement sites and the community.
- Leadership skills in mental health education.
To apply, send your Cover Letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org