Lecturer / Senior Lecturer - International and European Tax Law
IE Law School
|Salary:||Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.|
|Placed on:||21st December 2016|
|Closes:||30th January 2017|
IE University invites applications from law professors for permanent, full-time position.
Candidates should possess a willingness and ability to teach undergraduate courses in the area of International and European tax law. Candidates with a comparative law background and research expertise in corporate taxation or international tax planning will receive greater consideration.
The post is that of a lecturer / senior lecturer or equivalent career level position within IE Law School and is designed for those who are committed to an academic legal career in an international and innovative environment.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Development and delivery of undergraduate courses (open to graduate courses) with an international and practice-oriented focus using innovative methodologies (including active methodology and online teaching), coupled with the possibility of teaching graduate courses
- Contribution to the planning and organization of teaching activities
- Academic administration and management roles, involving departmental administrative responsibilities concerning student services, and student recruitment and advice
- Personal advisor to students
- High quality research in law
- Attendance and participation in appropriate research seminars/conferences within law-related areas
Closing date: January 30, 2017
Candidates should have a desire to develop innovative learning experiences and be dedicated to excellence in teaching, with a strong commitment to high professional standards, both inside and outside the classroom. Entrepreneurial spirit will be highly valued.
- Required qualifications: Ph.D. in a relevant area of law
- Professional legal qualifications will be highly valued
Knowledge and skills
- Specialist knowledge in a relevant area of law. Knowledge of both civil law and common law will be highly valued
- Basic teaching skills
- Understanding of current issues in the fields of law and higher education on an international level
- Fluency in English and some knowledge of Spanish
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability and willingness to initiate and sustain collaborations with stakeholders
- Interest and expertise in entrepreneurship
- Proven research according to experience
- Some experience in teaching
- Able to work as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to work to and meet deadlines
Salary range: Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Start date: September 2017
IE University: IE University holds a leading position in Europe among institutions of higher education for excellence in innovation and learning technologies. In addition, its undergraduate programs are recognized by the most prestigious associations in their respective fields, and highly regarded by employers of leading corporations.
IE Law School is recognized as one of the top law schools in the world and has been listed among the best law schools worldwide in the Financial Times’ Global Legal Education report.
The University Campus
Segovia campus: Housed by the former Convent of Santa Cruz la Real, declared a national heritage site in 1931, in the historical city of Segovia. Only 20 minutes from Madrid by high speed train.
Madrid campus: Situated in the heart of Madrid’s financial district, with a surface area of some 20,000m2 distributed among 17 buildings.
Application process: Interested candidates should provide the following documents:
- Cover letter that includes teaching and professional interests
- Short CV and long CV (including publications and research projects)
- 2 professional references in electronic format
Applications should be sent to Isabel Garcés at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants may be asked to do an online interview. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview at the IE University campus.
Share this job
Type / Role: