Cover Tutor (Art)
|Salary:||£22.20 per hour|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||11th January 2017|
|Closes:||4th February 2017|
Location: HMP Durham
Have you ever considered working with offenders? Have you got the ability to think creatively and actively engage with learners?
Novus are the top performing, market leader in offender education, training and employability services. We support over 65,000 offenders per year within the male and female estate, in more than 100 establishments across the country. Obtaining `good` or `outstanding` results during our latest inspections is something we are proud of and to maintain this, we need high performing, talented teachers to join us and contribute to an exceptionally rewarding education programme.
With this in mind Novus currently have an exciting opportunity for a number of Cover Tutors in Art to join the education department within HMP Durham.
As directed by a Curriculum Team Leader or Tutor, the purpose of this role is to deliver high quality, learner focused education to meet contractual requirements and standards, in line with The Manchester College`s Policies and procedures.
Key responsibilities (But not limited to) are as follows:
- Within a scheme of Work, develop lesson plans to ensure compliance with curriculum best practise and quality targets
- Contribute to curriculum development
- Ensure that learner records are accurate and maintained in line with data protection and TMC Policies
- Timely and accurate completion of documents related to accreditation, funding and compliancy
As a successful candidate you will have:
- A teaching qualification (minimum Cert Ed/PGCE) or equivalent OR a subject specialist qualification at degree level/level 5 or equivalent with a commitment to obtain the outstanding qualification within a specified timescale
- A track record of effective teaching in delivering in subject specialism
- A Level 2 qualification in Literacy and Numeracy or be willing to commit to gaining the qualification(s) within 1 year
Applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the Key Responsibilities, Key Result Areas and Qualifications/Skills/Experience detailed within the role profile.
The Manchester College is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
Share this job
Type / Role: