Kingston University - Faculty of Art, Design & Architecture
|Location:||Kingston Upon Thames|
|Salary:||£32,475 to £36,243 per annum.|
|Placed on:||12th January 2017|
|Closes:||31st January 2017|
To manage the placement and internship process for FADA and to ensure the delivery of a high quality advice and guidance service to students enabling them to make informed choices and to enhance their future employment.
To be responsible for marketing placement and internship programmes to students to generate interest, devise and deliver student preparation activities, match students to opportunities and to deliver during and after placement support.
Knowledge and Qualifications
- First Degree or equivalent.
- Knowledge of student employability issues within a higher education context.
- An understanding of employers’ graduate recruitment requirements.
- Experience of placing undergraduate fashion placements and experience of liaising with the fashion industry to secure placements.
Skills and Competencies
- Experience of being part of a team.
- Experience of working in higher education or a similar non-commercial environment.
- Excellent customer service and people management skills.
- Ability to network with professional colleagues within the sector.
- Excellent decision making and organisational abilities, including an ability to manage priorities and workloads, and workflow processes.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and persuasive communication skills.
- Literate in IT, MS office or equivalent, database and reporting tools.
The Faculty / Department
With a history dating back to the 1890’s, the Faculty of Art, Design and Architecture is exceptionally well regarded as a provider of a wide range of art and design disciplines within an environment that offers both traditional and modern facilities and a studio environment. Our profile is such that we have an international reputation and links across the globe, yet equally we create a focussed environment within which our students can flourish as practitioners who are ready to enter the world of work.
Clicking on the apply button below will take you to Kingston University's website where you will be able to download a job description and apply online.
Share this job
Type / Role: