Multi-Skills Trainer - Property Maintenance (HMP Downview)
|Salary:||Up to £29,241.07 and MSA of £5000|
|Placed on:||13th January 2017|
|Closes:||23rd January 2017|
HMP Downview are now looking for a Vocational Trainer - Multi skilled in areas such as Plumbing, Painting and Decorating and Electrical to deliver high quality learner focused vocational training to our learners.
Key responsibilities (but not limited to) are as follows:
- Plan, organise and deliver a vocational competency based curriculum up to Level 3
- Within a Scheme of Work, develop lesson plans to ensure compliance with curriculum best practice and quality targets
- Ensure the safeguarding of learners
- Work collaboratively with Functional skills tutors/Learning Support Practitioners to support literacy, language and numeracy skills within the programme.
- Ensure that learner records are accurate and maintained in line with data protection and Novus policies.
- Compliance with Novus & stakeholder policies and procedures.
All Trainers must have experience in the vocational area and be willing to work towards relevant qualifications as specified in the role profile.
Salary: Up to £29,241.07 (salaries subject to job evaluation) + MSA of £5000
To qualify for the level 2 salary you will:
- Have at least experience in the relevant vocational area
- Willing to gain PTLLS within 6 months
- Commitment to gain a subject specific qualification to allow them to train to Level 3, within 2 years
- Commitment to gain an assessor award required by relevant Awarding Bodies, within one year
- Hold at least a Level 1 qualification in Literacy and Numeracy or be willing to commit to gaining the qualification(s) within 1 year
You must also be willing to work towards to relevant qualifications as specified in the role profile.
In return for your dedication you will be rewarded with:
- Generous holidays (increases on service)
- Fantastic pension scheme
- Extensive training and development
- Simply health scheme
- And many more...
The work is challenging yet highly rewarding with real opportunity to change lives so If you feel you could make a difference in this rewarding and growing sector, apply today.
Applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the Key Responsibilities, Key Result Areas and Qualifications/Skills/Experience detailed within the role profile.
Novus is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
Share this job
Type / Role: