Transition Project Co-ordinator
University of the West of England, Bristol - Future Students
|Salary:||£28,452 to £32,004|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||17th February 2017|
|Closes:||27th February 2017|
Campus/location: Frenchay campus
Salary band: F
Duration of post: Fixed term
Fixed Term end date: 31 December 2018
Job overview: UWE Bristol is a thriving, modern university, offering a wide range of highly respected courses and employment-enhancing opportunities.
We’re a well-established university, with over 27,000 students, 250,000 alumni and 3,000 staff. Students come to study with us from all over the UK, as well as from 140 different countries around the world, making this a diverse and interesting place to come and study.
Future Students work in collaboration with the University’s faculties and other professional services departments to provide a comprehensive range of support to all our future students.
From the first point of contact our team of over 100 professional service staff is committed to enhancing the applicant and student experience and ensuring that every potential student is able to make the right decision about the right programme for them. This involves working closely with all those who influence the student journey and includes supporting University staff in updating and expanding their own skills and knowledge.
We provide information, advice and guidance to enquirers, applicants, parents and carers, schools, colleges and partners organisations that enable informed decisions to be made about the future. The team works collaboratively with colleagues across the University to ensure our portfolio of courses, admission requirements and processes best serve the needs of our future students. We provide support to international students from enquiry through to the, application and immigration processes along with transition to the UK, and we develop the overseas partnerships that enable study abroad.
The Recruitment and Outreach team at UWE Bristol are looking to recruit a Transition Project Co-ordinator to the Future Quest programme on fixed term basis until December 2018.
Future Quest is a government funded outreach programme delivered by UWE Bristol in collaboration with the University of Bristol and third sector organisations. The programme is designed to meet the needs of the Bristol City region with the aim of increasing progression of underrepresented groups to higher education. Within Future Quest, the Transition Project will focus on supporting students living in the local area who want to study at a local university.
The Transition Project Co-ordinator will develop and co-ordinate the project within the wider outreach programme and duties will include:
- Working with others across the university, in schools and in third sector organisations to support the progression of young people into higher education.
- Using specialist knowledge from across the student journey to develop a project to support local students through the transition to university.
- Providing information, advice and guidance to applicants and students, and co-ordinating a programme of activities.
- Identifying trends and responding to learner needs through the development of, and contribution to, short-term projects.
- Identifying and analysing issues, recommending solutions.
- Writing reports and delivering briefings, training and presentations.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent organisational and IT skills.
- Administrative experience in a large complex organisation.
- Experience of analysing and interpreting data to present information.
- Experience of planning and delivering a range of events and activities.
Share this job
Type / Role:
South West England