Vocational Trainer and ICT Curriculum Manager
|Salary:||£32,324.25 to £35,921.80 per annum (subject to job evaluation)|
|Placed on:||21st April 2017|
|Closes:||4th May 2017|
Have you ever considered working with offenders? Do you want to work in an environment where you can really make a difference?
Novus is a large scale social enterprise which has learning, skills, development and transitional services at the heart of its mission. We deliver a comprehensive package of services for learners in custody and the community enabling progression into education, training and employment.
We are proud to deliver learning and skills in over 100 sites within Her Majesty`s Prisons, private sector prisons, Approved Premises and the community. Working closely with stakeholders, we aim to provide locally determined, high quality provision which meets the needs and interests of learners.
Are you passionate about helping people grow? If so Novus have an exciting opportunity for a Vocational Trainer and ICT Curriculum Manager to join the Education team within HMPYOI Cookhamwood. The work is challenging yet highly rewarding with real opportunity to change lives.
Reporting to the Deputy Head of Education, the purpose of this role is:
- To be responsible for the efficient and effective leadership and co-ordination of a Curriculum area.
- To be responsible for the rigorous management and development of your curriculum area, contributing towards improving standards of Young People`s achievement and assisting in the further development of the teaching practise within your curriculum area to enthuse, engage, motivate and inspire both Young People and staff.
Key responsibilities (But not limited to) are as follows:
- Teach designated hours as required, with a flexible approach to delivering across curriculum areas as needed to fulfil YOI requirements
- Be responsible for the self-assessment and quality reports of courses in relevant curriculum area and to ensure timely implementation of action plans arising from these reports
Qualifications, Skills, Experience:
- Teaching qualification - minimum Cert Ed, PGCE or equivalent
- Hold QTS / QTLS or be willing to gain within a specified time scale
- A degree or equivalent subject specialist qualification
- Hold at least a Level 2 qualification in Literacy and Numeracy
- Knowledge of curriculum development and developments at appropriate levels within national curriculum
- Track record of effective teaching experience achieving good or outstanding LTO standards
- Track record of efficient administration in relation to accreditation and national curriculum requirements
- Track record of effectively leading a team
- Track record of working with learners who present with challenging behaviour and special educational needs
- Gain/hold and maintain a clean, enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
In return for your dedication you will be rewarded with:
- Generous holidays (increases on service)
- Fantastic pension scheme
- Extensive training and development
- Simply health scheme
- And many more...
Please note interviews will be held on 9th May.
Applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the Key Responsibilities, Key Result Areas and Qualifications/Skills/Experience detailed within the role profile. Novus is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
Share this job
Type / Role: