Professor and Pro-Director of Learning, Teaching and Enhancement

London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine - Division of Education

Academics at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine share a collective purpose to improve health worldwide. With global presence and collaboration at its heart, the School is uniquely qualified to make a difference. Whether we are deploying research in real time in response to the Ebola crisis, developing innovative programmes to tackle major health threats at home and overseas, or training the next generation of public and global health leaders and researchers, our efforts make an impact where it is needed most. That’s why we were named Times Higher Education’s University of the Year 2016.

We are looking for a Pro-Director Learning, Teaching and Enhancement to join our world-leading community and lead the further development of our Education programmes through face to face and online delivery. You will be a successful academic in a field relevant to the School, with an enthusiasm for education, and a strong background of excellence in provision of education including its delivery and development in a multidisciplinary postgraduate environment. It is anticipated that the Pro-Director role will take up roughly 60% of time, with the remaining 40% devoted to professorial academic activities, especially research. The Pro-Director is a member of the Senior Leadership Team.

The School is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.

The post is available full-time commencing as soon as possible. The Professorship is a permanent position and the Pro-Director of Learning, Teaching and Enhancement post is available for five years from the start date. The salary will be on the LSHTM Professor Salary scale, in the range £58,000 to £100,000+, depending on skills and experience as outlined in the attached Academic Expectations document. The post will be subject to the LSHTM terms and conditions of service. Annual leave entitlement is 30 working days per year, pro rata for part time staff. In addition to this there are discretionary “Director’s Days”. Membership of the Pension Scheme is available.

Applications should also include the names and email contacts of 2 referees who can be contacted immediately if shortlisted. Online applications will be accepted by the automated system until 10pm of the closing date. Any queries regarding the application process may be addressed to jobs@lshtm.ac.uk. Please quote reference DOE-DEP-05.

The supporting statement section should set out how your qualifications, experience and training meet each of the selection criteria. Please provide one or more paragraphs addressing each criterion. The supporting statement is an essential part of the selection process and thus a failure to provide this information will mean that the application will not be considered. An answer to any of the criteria such as "Please see attached CV" will not be considered acceptable.

Please note that if you are shortlisted and are unable to attend on the interview date it may not be possible to offer you an alternative date.

Share this job
     
  Share by Email   Print this job   More sharing options
We value your feedback on the quality of our adverts. If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert, or its categorisation then please send us your feedback
Advert information

Location(s):

London