Senior Research Fellow or Research Fellow - Energy Systems
Salary: £29,301 to £46,925 per annum
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Fixed-Term/Contract
Placed on: 27th July 2017
Closes: 27th August 2017
Senior Research Fellow - £39,324- £46,925 per annum, Research Fellow - £29,301-£38,183 per annum
Fixed Term Contract for 2 years
Within WMG’s Energy Innovation Centre – one of Europe’s largest battery research centres – the battery testing and characterisation research group specialises in multidisciplinary research into techniques that deliver a deeper and more comprehensive understanding of the behaviour of energy storage technologies. Our research covers all aspects of energy system development from materials, individual cells, through to complete battery packs. The group has an exciting opportunity for a creative, ambitious and flexible person looking to join the rapidly evolving area of battery research.
The successful candidate will possess a track record gained through either an industrial or academic career, in the following areas: electrochemical engineering, energy storage systems, testing and characterisation techniques, and collaborative working within multidisciplinary projects. It is important that candidates have good experience or a deep interest in the fields of energy storage, electric vehicles, renewable energy and low carbon technologies and are able to evidence their capability in a subset of the following areas:
• In depth knowledge of electrochemical energy storage systems, including but not limited to, Lithium-ion, Sodium-ion, Lithium-Sulphur, super-capacitors
• In-depth knowledge of electro-chemical energy storage characterisation techniques, including but not limited to, EIS, GITT, dQ/dV, OCV, HPC
• Familiar with a range of battery cycling equipment and battery testing protocols for characterising cell performance, degradation and ageing
• Electrical engineering, electronics, instrumentation, sensors
If you require further information about this position, please contact us for an informal discussion:
Mark Amor-Segan firstname.lastname@example.org
Rohit Bhagat email@example.com
John Low C.T.J.Low@warwick.ac.uk
The criteria for consideration at Senior Research Fellow is:
• A proven ability and achievement in research, demonstrated by a good publication record or equivalent output
• A contribution to research grant applications.
If you have not yet been awarded your PhD but are near submission or have recently submitted your PhD, any offers of employment will be made as Research Assistant on level 5 of the University grade structure (£28,453). Upon successful award of your PhD and evidence of this fact, you will be promoted to Research Fellow on the first point of the level 6 of the University grade structure (£29,301).
Full details of the duties and selection criteria for this role are found in the vacancy advert on the University of Warwick jobs page. You will be routed to this when you click on the Apply button below.