Postdoc Responsible Research and Innovation in Practice
Up to €3,427
Up to £3,096.29 converted salary* pro rata per month.
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||17th October 2016|
|Closes:||3rd November 2016|
Main purpose of the job:
RRI Practice is a European Commission funded project that aims to analyse responsible research and innovation (RRI) related discourses and pathways to implementation in order to identify, understand, disseminate and promote RRI implementation best practices that can be scaled up at European and global levels. The project team has a truly global reach in that it includes 14 academic partners from across Europe as well as from China, India, USA, Brazil and Australia.
The main purpose of the postdoctoral position is to lead Wageningen University’s contribution to the project.
Main duties and accountabilities:
To be accountable, under the supervision of Prof Phil Macnaghten, Dr Vincent Blok and Dr Barbara van Mierlo, for the delivery of tasks, work packages and deliverables:
- To plan, co-ordinate and lead on the successful delivery of the research project within the allocated time frame and within the allocated budget.
- To conduct a RRI Reviewon Wageningen University aimed at understanding the current framing and status of RRI in Wageningen University and to feed the findings into a National RRI Outlook in partnership with Radboud University Nijmegen.
- To develop a RRI Outlookfor Wageningen University that will outline important goals, means and targets for the work related to the EC RRI keys (ethics, societal relevance, gender, open access/ open science and science education) - and RRI more broadly understood - in the organisation.
- To lead the RRI Internal Review that will provide a reflexive learning tool for project partners. Using the anticipation-inclusion-reflexivity-responsiveness (AIRR) framework as a reference, activities will be developed aimed at understanding and contextualizing RRI in the project teams' own practices.
- To lead the comparative analysis of national discourses and practices on RRI to explore why certain keys and dimensions of RRI are developed in some national and local contexts and not others.
- To disseminate complex and conceptual ideas arising from the project to stakeholders and peers using high level skills and a range of media and to present the results of the research to academic and policy audiences through the writing of peer-reviewed journal articles and at conferences when opportunities arise.
PhD or equivalent in a related field of study and relevant postdoctoral experience.
Skills and Understanding
Possess sufficient specialist knowledge concerning the governance and wider dimensions of science and innovation, evidenced through a track record of research output.
To have skills in qualitative research.
Understanding of university and research council processes.
Understanding of debates in responsible research and innovation.
Have experience of working across disciplines relevant to the wider dimensions of science and innovation.
Success in obtaining grant funding.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Experience of communicating complex concepts in a way that are easily understood by stakeholders and the wider public.
Ability to work effectively with project partners and stakeholders and engage in active research with them.
Ability to build relationships for future activities.
Ability to balance the pressures of research and tight deadlines.
Please use next link for more information on how to apply : Postdoc vacancy Wageningen University & Research. For informal inquiries please contact Phil Macnaghten on Philip.email@example.com
Share this job
Type / Role: