Student Engagement Officer
|Salary:||£21,500 to £23,000 per annum, depending on experience and qualifications|
|Placed on:||1st December 2016|
|Closes:||19th December 2016|
|★ View Employer Profile|
Location: Greenford Campus, with flexibility to work across all sites
This is an exciting time for GSM London. Founded in 1973 and formerly known as the Greenwich School of Management, we are one of the UK’s largest independent for-profit HE providers and one of the few private providers to have passed QAA Institutional Review. We have two campuses and a study centre in London and over 6,000 students. We are committed to widening access to enable social mobility through our focus on strengths-based learning and our student outcomes, including their employability. We are building organisational capability to take us forward as we seek to attain degree awarding powers and university status. In this we are working closely with our validating partner, Plymouth University, who are supportive of our ambitious growth plans.
About the Role
This is an excellent opportunity for enthusiastic individuals to join our growing Student Services Team in the role of Student Engagement Officer. GSM London is committed to enhancing the student experience, enabling their success and providing the highest possible levels of support. In order to achieve this, we have redesigned our Student Services Hub, expanded our team and creating structures, processes and policies for innovative student engagement across GSM London
The Student Engagement Officer will be responsible for providing support for the student journey in facilitating and encouraging new and current students to engage in all aspects of GSM London Student’s Experience. As Student Engagement Officer you will work within a small team to devise, deliver, promote and evaluate meaningful opportunities for any student to engage in educational enhancement and quality assurance of the student experience.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will also include:
- Leading the coordination of Student Forums and Committee’s
- Creating an environment where any student or staff member can engage and achieve 100% attendance (to include a strong use of technology and face-to face work with all students)
- Coordinate College wide events and activities
- Work in partnership with colleagues in Teaching, Advisory and Well Being to ensure an integrated student experience
- To advocate for student voice
Successful candidates are likely to have:
- Relevant experience in an educational setting or similar
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, displaying confidence and sensitivity
- Strong awareness and appreciation for cultural diversity and widening access
- A solutions focused style and highly organised
- The adaptability to deliver an outstanding service in a busy and rapidly changing environment
How to apply
To apply for this position please submit your completed Application Form below via email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Student Engagement Officer in the subject line.
You must have the Right to Work in the UK to be eligible to apply for this role.
Applications should address the selection criteria under the knowledge, skill and experience requirements section of the Job description. CV’s will not be accepted.
Please note that successful candidates will be invited to attend an interview in the week commencing 9 January 2017.
Closing date: Monday 19 December 2016, 17:00.
Share this job
Type / Role: