Responsibilities and tasks:
Applicants must describe how they will develop one of the above research areas during the 5-year period and demonstrate a proven track record in research and publication within this area.
The main tasks of the Professor MSO are to;
- make a substantial contribution to the development of one of the above areas of research within Communication as a field of research and study programme at Roskilde University,
- carry out research and research-based teaching and supervision within one of the above areas of research,
- build up, lead and nurture a dynamic research culture in one of the above areas within a research group in the department,
- maintain an outstanding record of publication,
- apply for external research funding,
- participate actively in everday, collegial activities in the department,
- participate actively in national and international research networks,
- teach, supervise and assess students at Bachelor and Masters levels as well as PhD students,
- support and guide postdoctoral researchers and assistant professors,
- take part in academic assessment,
- engage in the dissemination and sharing of knowledge with the rest of society, including through participation in public debate.
Applicants must hold a PhD degree, and/or have documented scientific qualifications as an associate professor equivalent, within one or more of the above-mentioned fields of research. In addition, the applicant is expected to have
- advanced level pedagogical competence
- experience in research management and editorial work
- ties to, and to be an active part of, international research networks and cooperation
- experience in undertaking academic administrative responsibilities at a university level
- experience in supervision students at all university levels and junior researchers
In addition, you are required to be dynamic, to possess good interpersonal skills, to be willing to be a visible, active participant in the department’s daily activities, and to be willing to engage in disciplinary and interdisciplinary collaboration across the department.
In the assessment of the candidates consideration will be given to
- a clear plan for how the applicant will develop one of the above research areas during the 5-year period,
- a proven record of outstanding research published in leading journals and/or leading book publishers at an international level in one of the above areas,
- a proven record with respect to applying for and securing external research funding,
- a proven record with respect to research dissemination and knowledge-sharing,
- experience with respect to dynamic leadership in research and education,
- experience with respect to teaching and education at undergraduate and postgraduate levels,
- experience with respect to collaboration with organisations in relation to research and education,
- experience with respect to participation in national and international networks of researchers,
- a willingness to participate in the activities of the department as an active and engaged colleague.