Anglia Ruskin University is like no other higher education institution. That’s a bold statement, but we’ve plenty of evidence to back this up:
- Results of the Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014 highlight our research activities as making a significant impact on economies, societies, the environment and culture globally.
- From day one, we help our students work towards a career and graduate with confidence.
- We run EU-funded programmes in our region, worth millions of Euros, which help researchers, businesses and organisations get on.
- We’ve four faculties at ARU, each providing students, industry and the academic community with professionally focused and world-leading courses and research.
- In January 2018 we opened our £45 million Science Centre at our Cambridge campus, it offers students and researchers the most up-to-date facilities in which to develop their career.
- Our School of Medicine, which opened in September 2018, will train the region's future doctors in a purpose-built space featuring state-of-the-art skills facilities and an anatomy suite.
- We work with 153 employers and are one of the top providers of the UK’s degree apprentices, playing a vital role in equipping the UK workforce for the future.
- In 2018, we were named as one of the top 250 universities in Europe – while at the same time winning an award for the quality of our learning facilities.
- Our research and innovation draw on the breadth of ARU strengths to develop ideas and solutions which have the potential to transform lives and communities and enrich our curriculum.
Our Four Faculties:
- Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Faculty of Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care
- Faculty of Science and Engineering
Our Research Institutes:
- Cambridge Institute for Music Therapy Research
- Global Sustainability Institute
- Policing Institute for the Eastern
- Positive Ageing Research Institute
- Veterans & Families Institute for Military Social Research
- Vision and Eye Research Institute
Our vision is to transform lives through innovative, inclusive and entrepreneurial education and research. We greatly value working collaboratively, supporting each other and helping everyone to achieve their potential.