By 2023 we will be an independent university internationally recognised as a centre of excellence for social inclusion and change’.
There are 5,000 students who are studying for a range of business-related degrees, including BSc, MSc and MBA programmes. GSM London is genuinely inclusive, helping students to realise their aspirations whatever their situation. Students are encouraged to have bold dreams and the focus is on employability from day one.
The College differentiates itself from other providers in higher education by embracing opportunities of diversity and inclusion. The majority of students are from the local BAME communities, are mature, often working and have family responsibilities. The three intakes a year give students more choice about their start date onto the programmes. The unusual, dynamic and entrepreneurial student base has allowed the College to develop and pioneer exciting initiatives including the introduction of strengths based learning.
Achieving our mission
We are undergoing an extensive programme of continuous improvement based on insight from our students and staff that aims to enhance their experience at the College. Over the past year this has included:
- Doubling the size of our Library and Learning Resources Centre at Greenwich and greatly improving its facilities
- Introducing a new curriculum that works with our students’ strengths
- Introducing Personal Tutors to mentor and advise students
- Launching the Formation Zone where entrepreneurial students can take part in this business incubator for start-ups
- Launching our Horizon Awards which augment our students’ CVs and provide proof of their employability skills and aptitudes.
based on extensive input from students and staff, is to be “a daring academic community, working in partnership with our students to enrich their lives and communities...through career-focused, progressive and strengths-based UK education and scholarship that is accessible to all”.