The University has grown into a diverse, vibrant community of 12,000 students and 1,600 staff with a strong teaching heritage stretching back nearly 200 years. With campuses in the beautiful spa town of Cheltenham and cathedral city of Gloucester, we offer our students a specialised and dynamic place to learn, grow and make lasting connections.
We are organised over seven academic Schools – Arts; Business and Technology, Education and Humanities; Health and Social Care; Media; Natural and Social Sciences; and Sport and Exercise.
Some quick facts about the University – read more on our website: www.glos.ac.uk
- The University carries a Silver rating in the Government’s Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF), which rates participating universities as Gold, Silver or Bronze.
- We are ranked 38th out of 132 for teaching quality and 44th out of 132 for overall student experience (The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019).
- 95% of our graduates went on to employment or further study in 2017, which is higher than the UK and England sector average (Destination of Leavers in Higher Education data 2018).
- Graduates from our Business School courses earn more on average than their peers graduating from similar courses elsewhere in the country 1, 3 and 5 years after they graduated (Longitudinal Educational Outcomes, 2018).
- We are top 10 in the UK for high quality staff and lecturers as well as good personal relationships with teaching staff (Times Higher Education Student Experience survey 2018).
- Our overall satisfaction score is 3% higher than the average at 86% ranking us in joint 36th place out of 156 universities and HE colleges in the UK, above most Russell Group institutions (National Student Survey, 2018).
- We are equal 55th out of 121 universities in the Guardian University Guide 2019.