The University of Gloucestershire is a diverse, vibrant community of 12,000 students and 1,600 staff.
The university is based across four campuses in Cheltenham and Gloucester. Organised over eight academic Schools – Art and Design; Business (including Computing and Technology); Education; Health and Social Care; Liberal and Performing Arts; Media; Natural and Social Sciences; and Sport and Exercise.
The university has long excelled in education, media, sport and fine art.
Some quick facts about the university – read more on our website: www.glos.ac.uk
- Training teachers since 1847 – outstanding primary and secondary school training as rated by Ofsted in 2015.
- We are in the UK’s top 20 universities for best courses and lecturers, student support and international (What Uni Student Choice Awards 2016)
- 95% of our graduates are in employment or further training within six months of completing their degrees (Destination of Leavers in Higher Education data 2015).
- Students rank us highly for ‘high quality staff and lectures’, ‘good environment on campus’, ‘good personal relationships with teaching staff’ and ‘good library and library opening times’ (Times Higher Education Student Experience survey 2016).
- Through our Your Future Plan programme every year more than 3,000 students on a placement or internship.
- Worked with GFirst LEP to establish The Growth Hub at our Oxstalls campus, which supports businesses in the area through promoting skills, innovation and enterprise.
- Staff and students volunteer 18,000 hours for community projects supporting more than 150 organisations.
- We are rated the sixth most sustainable university in the UK (People & Planet University League, 2015)