|Funding for:||UK Students, EU Students|
|Funding amount:||£16,777 per annum & full tuition fees|
|Placed On:||19th July 2018|
|Closes:||16th September 2018|
Applications are invited for a research studentship in the field of Design Engineering leading to the award of a PhD degree and starting in October 2018 or soon thereafter.
* Specific areas of interest include: Human Factors Engineering, Human-Computer Interaction, User Experience.
* Aim: The aim of this doctoral research is to analyse, design and develop novel healthcare tools and digital interventions to improve patient outcomes. Based on previous research on patient engagement, decision making processes, and risk perceptions, the PhD candidate will investigate and evaluate effective ways to present information to motivate patients to adhere to recommended treatments and to self-manage their condition.
* Funding: The post is supported by a bursary and fees (at the UK/EU student rate) provided by the EPSRC. To be eligible for funding, you must have no restrictions on how long you can stay in the UK and been ordinarily resident in the UK for at least 3 years.
More information on eligibility here: www.epsrc.ac.uk/skills/students/help/Pages/eligibility.aspx
* Research environment: You will work within a passionate and dynamic team of innovators and researchers, in the newly refurbished facilities of the Dyson School of Design Engineering (www.imperial.ac.uk/design-engineering). The School was formed in 2014, building on the long-standing design and engineering expertise at Imperial as well as the world-renowned Innovation Design Engineering programme run jointly by Imperial and the Royal College of Art.
* Required skills: We are seeking candidates with a minimum 2:1 (or equivalent) degree in Design Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Human Factors or a related subject, and a “Maker” mindset. A passion for design and innovation, demonstrated by extra-curricular activities or industrial experience, is desirable. Programming skills, knowledge of statistics and statistical software are an advantage. Good team-working and communication skills are essential.
For informal queries, please contact Dr. Talya Porat: firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a CV.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to submit a formal PhD application via the College’s online admissions system.
Type / Role: