About the role: Due to planned growth within our business, we are seeking to enhance our faculty with two experienced English for Academic Purposes (EAP) lecturers delivering our pre-sessional programme at Solent University in Southampton. The Pre-Sessional English programme is taught in three blocks: a 15-week course; a 10-week course; or a 5-week course.
Role A: Fixed-term from w/c 22nd April to w/c 9th September 2019 (this role includes a period allocated to course design and materials development, with teaching beginning on w/c 27th May 2019)
Role B: Fixed-term from w/c 24th June to w/c 9th September 2019 (teaching begins on w/c 1st July 2019)
Your key responsibilities:
- To deliver up to 20 hours per week of Academic English language and study skills lessons.
- To ensure all associated duties, including the preparation of classes, marking and timely feedback are performed to the required standard.
- To deliver classes within the prescribed course syllabus and ensure that all aspects of the Pre-sessional English Language Programme course delivery, both teaching and teaching related, meet the stated aims and learning outcomes.
- To provide regular progression reports for students studying on our EAP programmes.
- To provide pastoral care and support to international students on our Pre-sessional English Language Programme.
- To plan and manage own workload effectively whilst on the Pre-sessional English Language Programme
- To assist in the organization, invigilation, marking and feedback for any course work or assignments as required.
- To participate in the standardisation of assessments.
- To ensure that all Pre-sessional English Language Programme course administration is completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- To attend and contribute to any CPD training sessions organised internally or externally.
Please note: Tutors on the Pre-sessional English Language Programme must be available for the full duration of the course and course preparation period.
Experience and qualifications
- Diploma in English Language Teaching to Adults (DELTA) or equivalent (i.e. MA in TEFL/ TESOL) - essential
- Candidates with MA in TEFL/TESOL without TEFL I qualification (e.g. CELTA or Trinity TESOL) shortlisted for interview will be required to provide evidence of 5 hours of systematic observation of lessons by a fully-qualified academic manager or teacher trainer.
- Degree or equivalent - essential
- Experience of teaching English for Academic Purposes (EAP) in a university environment – essential
- Experience of teaching on a Pre-sessional English Language Programme – essential
- Experience of EAP course design and materials development – essential (Role A only)
How to apply and who to contact:
Using the apply link, please submit your details and we will be back in touch shortly. Should you have any queries and wish to speak with us please call the recruitment team on 01753 898671.
We look forward to hearing from you!