|Location:||Huangshi - China|
£2,791.55 to £3,796.51 converted salary* per course.
|Placed On:||21st May 2019|
|Expires:||21st July 2019|
Hubei Polytechnic University (HBPU) invites applications for short-term instructors to teach one or more undergraduate courses in Mechanical Engineering (listed below) for 8 weeks in Fall semester 2019. Applications for Spring/Summer semester 2020 in the same fields are also welcome. Candidates will be working in Huangshi, Hubei Province, central China.
1. Physics I – Topics normally include vectors, kinematics, Newton’s laws of motion, work and energy, momentum, rotational and orbital motion, torque, angular momentum, and oscillations.
2. Introduction to Engineering – This course introduces students to the profession of engineering, computer skills, report generation, public speaking, leadership and teamwork skills are covered. A general introduction to engineering tools concepts of voltage, current, resistance and reactance are covered.
3. Digital Fundamentals – The design and analysis of digital systems that the bit, gate, flip-flop level with particular emphasis on the application of digital systems. Topics include Boolean algebra, logic gates, and integrated circuit design; combinational systems, and dynamic logic blocks as latches, Flip-Flops, counters and shift registers.
4. Computer Aided Engineering Labs I & II – Solidworks.
Lab I: visualize 3D shapes in space; Hand sketch orthographic views, isometric views, and dimensioning; Create computer models, detail drawings, and assembly BOMs in Solidworks.
Lab II: Apply advanced modeling techniques using Solidworks; 3D sketching; Weldments; Sheet Metal; Sweeps; Photoview; Spring Recess: FEA; Surfacing; Cores and Cavities; Motion Study; Top down Assembly, etc.
5. Adv. Mechanics of Materials - Course content: Stress under combined loading, stress concentration factors, design stresses, Mohr’s circle, endurance limit and fatigue life, and deflection of variable section beams, method of superposition, bucking. Temperature changes and press fits. Combined stress failure theories. Selection and processing of engineering metals, plastics, and composites. Heat-treating, cold working, and residual stresses.
6.Thermodynamics - The study of the classical thermodynamics approach to control volumes and control masses; properties and processes of liquids and gases; the zeroth, first, and second laws applied to control volumes and control masses. Fluid power systems. Refrigeration and heat pump systems. Power and refrigeration cycles.
7. Intro to Robotics & Automated Systems - The development of robots, different working models of robots, selection sensors, and programming of robot controllers. Introduction to computer integrated manufacturing operations, including types and components of CIM systems, economic considerations, and the integration of CIM components into a flexible manufacturing system (FMS).
Relocation & Compensation：
To Apply: Email CV to email@example.com (Please indicate from jobs.ac.uk)
About the Institution:
Hubei Polytechnic University (HBPU) is a public university located in Huangshi, Hubei Province, central China. It focuses on engineering, and trains applied talents. It now covers eight academic areas: Engineering, Science, Economics, Management, Literature, Medicine, Education and Arts. It has 21 teaching units (departments, centers) and 55 undergraduate majors.
Type / Role: