Berlin, Germany and travel required to other GISMA campuses
GISMA Business School was founded in 1999 and is one of the leading international business schools in Germany. GISMA currently employs over 100 staff in 5 locations and has over 500 students enrolled in 3 cities in Germany and London, UK.
GISMA follows innovative trends in their evolution and provides a great platform for those interested in a fast-paced environment that offers many opportunities for development within a company. It is a unique and diverse company that promotes high-performing personalities who want to develop personally and professionally.
You will find an exciting company that continuously invests in the expansion in terms of content and geography.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Dean of Business to play a key role in setting the direction of our Business School, providing strategic leadership and championing the enhancement of research, teaching and enterprise activities through the school.
Key Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Implementing academic quality assurance processes as defined by the senior team and enforcing academic policies into the campus.
- Overseeing the effective day-to-day operation and administration of all aspects of the programmes being offered by GISMA university partners.
- Working with academic faculty to ensure the quality of the teaching and learning environment of the programme.
- Developing strategic academic planning for GISMA Business School.
- Maintaining an overview of the student experience and the faculty experience.
- Implementing and administering policies relating to academic quality assurance and overseeing compliance.
- Preparing academic documentation for periodic accreditation/ university partner reviews.
- Developing and planning the execution of the curriculum including course planning in partnership with GISMA’s university partners.
- Assist with hiring and providing orientation and ‘onboarding’ for new faculty, covering everything from grading to and attendance policies, from compliance and other HR issues to ensuring faculty work.
- Overseeing ongoing professional development of faculty and programme management team, including managing informal PD sessions and resources, faculty meetings, faculty summits and administers faculty annual performance reviews.
- Coordinates and supports faculty activities, including student advising, new course proposals and the faculty maintenance of academic records.
- Collects and reviews course syllabi per semester to assure consistency and compliance with all accreditations and partner university regulations.
- Working closely with the Academic Teams to ensure consistency across campuses within Germany.
- Managing and leading on the university partnership management.
- Line managing the academic faculty, programme management team and Associate Academic Directors (as appropriate).
- Responsible for Academic Governance including being the chair of Academic Boards.
- Leading on the growth academic strategy for GISMA Germany and abroad.
- New curriculum development and recruitment and selection of key academic staff.
- Setting and implementing the student service strategy.
- Representing GISMA quality and enhancement strategy.
- Opportunity to develop further in leading the institution to achieve academic excellence.
Work Experience and skills
- Experience in academic governance
- An almost obsessive attention to detail
- A PhD or in progress of pursuing a PhD in an appropriate discipline
- Senior level experience with students and faculty is essential
- Academic operations experience with a private academic institution would be an advantage, as well as with the US and UK HE sectors.
- Extensive proven track record of successful academic achievements
- Crucially a track record of leadership, organizational, and managerial skills, acknowledgeable by students and faculty alike.
- Proven and evidenced track record of performing at speed whilst retaining a focus on high quality.
- Creativity, flexibility, and a willingness to test new ideas
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral, in day-to-day dealings with faculty, staff, and students
- An ability to communicate across cultures
- Excellent skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and use of databases such as SalesForce
- Successful track record in working for a business school or university with a strong distributed network of campuses.
- Independent leader who can drive best practice
- Diplomatic tendencies combining tact and firmness to manage faculty from a range of cultural, academic and professional backgrounds
- Can work well and thrive under pressure
- Exceptionally well organised
- Natural strategist and forward planner
- Passion for high standards of customer service
- Proactive, results-oriented with a positive approach